Director, Conference Operations
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is fast-growing and is positioned to continue so in the future. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
Who we are
Are you looking for a dynamic career with excellent advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, consider Gartner, the world's leading research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day.
What we do
Gartner partners with C-suite executives across all industries to provide market research and best practices and advisory services, enabling them to address their business-critical decisions through data-driven research. Gartner has experienced almost a decade worth of double-digit growth, which demonstrates how Gartner has succeeded in helping businesses navigate their mission-critical priorities.
What you’ll do
- Lead operational delivery and strategy of all exhibitor elements across multiple B2B conferences including project management, floor plan management, inventory and capacity management, financial management (forecasting, budgeting and reconciliation), staff planning and production scheduling.
- Procurement Management: Selection of the best vendor based on comparative analysis of outsourcing vendor costs, quality, services, etc.
- Develop, maintain and improve exhibit floor plans to maximize revenue opportunities and engagement.
- Manage conference budgets with direct responsibility for all costs associated with exhibitor fulfillment and delivery; produce accurate monthly forecasts and manage expenses effectively.
- Attend conferences as the onsite lead for exhibit delivery including managing the production schedule, agency partners and vendors and conference staff.
- Develop and maintain exhibit inventory and capacity planning as it relates to the show floor, speaking sessions and other marketing opportunities.
- Analyze data to determine best course of action on various conference elements.
- Manage and maintain online portal that holds all logistical information and details for exhibitors ensuring best possible experience for clients.
- Anticipate and react to client requests with a service focus that delivers exceedingly high value to drive exhibitor retention.
- Liaise with key conference partners and team members (internal and external) to ensure
What is your goal
- Achieve operational excellence and process efficiencies across all aspects of the conference delivery.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Gartner’s conference business including the value proposition of each conference for attendees and exhibitors and the value proposition of each exhibitor product.
- Standardized operational processes, project management and best practices both in the planning and onsite execution stages of conference production and delivery.
- Develop an innovative and creative approach to all aspects of the role – team management, engagement strategy and operational execution.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 3+ Years Conference Management, Experiential Marketing, Conference Marketing and/or Tradeshow Management
- Proven conference operational skills including production schedules, budget management and conference staffing
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Proven experience in managing agency and vendor partners
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Motivated team player with desire to learn and grow
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement and manage change and strive for continuous improvement
- Passionate approach/methodology to deliver exceptional results
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
- Japanese Fluency and English Business level required
What we offer
- Outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential
- Exceptional compensation and benefits
- Performance-based awards, including incentive trips for high achievers
- Modern office environment in a central location for easy commute
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:60345
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.