This position can sit remotely full time or in any of the following locations:
Stamford, CT, Irving, TX, Arlington, VA, and Toronto, Canada with flexible work arrangements, including a hybrid, virtual first model .
About Global Sales Strategy & Operations (GSSO):
Global Sales, Strategy & Operations is a division within Gartner tasked with increasing sales force productivity by partnering with stakeholders across the business to design and implement innovative solutions that meet client retention and growth goals and deliver strong returns on investment. The team is focused on driving analytical, technology based solutions to some of the company’s most pressing challenges.
About this role:
This role will partner with business leaders across the company to support three Sales forces composed of more than 5,000 associates who sell to every major function across the enterprise. It will focus on discovering, assessing and implementing improvements in our sales process as well as launching programs to increase productivity.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably finance, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or economics - MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative problem solving experience, including turning quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and business strategies
- Practiced leader of projects and teams in a fast-paced, large matrixed environment
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Who you are:
- Data-driven, strategic and results-oriented
- Comfortable leading through change and ambiguity
- Focused determination on delivering successful, data-driven outcomes
- An exceptional manager of relationships and ability to influence others into action
- A creative thinker who can bring continuous development of strategies to address real-world challenges
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written, who loves presenting ideas to others across businesses
- An excellent collaborator who enjoys quickly building rapport and gaining trust with peers, business partners and key stakeholders
What you'll do:
- Focus on driving new business and increasing retention across sales organizations globally through close collaboration with other BUs including Services, Sales, Research, and Product
- Develop and leverage best-practices which can be systematized and scaled across the business, including the development of additional sales programs
- Cultivate strong and mutually respectful relationships across the organization and partner with Sales leadership to solve complex problems and identify productivity improvement opportunities
- Own the execution of key cross-functional initiatives working closely with the broader cross-functional teams – design solutions, manage timelines, partner on key decisions, issues and implementation
- Perform analyses on key value levers and approaches for execution/ implementation
- Design and roll out pilots to validate feasibility
- Conduct research and analyses to drive fact-based decision making that improves overall performance and economics
- Identify new opportunities to improve client retention and contract value growth. Lead efforts to capture the opportunity
- Perform high-quality quantitative and qualitative analytics for long range planning and other major initiatives
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:60182
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.