Manager, Conference Attendance Sales
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves thousands of business and technology leaders at global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited career development opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role
The Manager, Conference Attendance Sales (CAS) is responsible for the day to day management of Conference Attendance Sales team (CAS) to grow Conference revenue and attendance to global conferences.
What you’ll do
- Manage 3-4 CAS in a geographic region
- Monitor and roll up of monthly and quarterly forecast
- Work with CAS on accounts to drive pipeline activity and growth
- Implementation of employee and client retention strategy
- Performance management of associate
- Create individual development plans for associates
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant sales compensation plans
- Encourage and champion training efforts
- Conduct review and plan sessions with CAS
- Comprehensive understanding of client prospect markets and opportunities to assist CAS in planning
- Strategic business development
- Assist, when necessary, in contract negotiations with clients and prospects
- Work with Gartner lines of business to ensure sales process works effectively to close business
- Comprehensive understanding of competition
What you'll need:
- Minimum 3+ years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services, software or hardware) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor subordinates
- 1+ years of management preferred
- Ability to deliver (to associates) company objectives and develop plans to execute against these strategies
- Proven ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated Conference solutions that provide IT decisions support to global organizations in achieving their business goals
- Established C-level contacts and knowledge of the global issues they face
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centers
- Extensive industry specific and account knowledge
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:59998
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.