What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About the role:
Gartner is looking for a Manager, Mobile Apps responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS and Android devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of iOS and Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be managing a team of engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build applications for the iOS and Android platforms
- Ability to lead a team of engineers as they execute on building new features for IOS and Android platforms
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Work proactively in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Provide work estimates and deliver projects on schedule
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions
What you’ll need:
- 10+ yrs. of experience in Mobile domain with experience in publishing and managing 4-5 apps on PlayStore / Appstore
- Proficiency with Swift and Java is a must , Objective-C (nice to have) and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS and Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Understanding of Google’s Android and Apple’s IOS design principles and interface guidelines
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools (such as Instruments and Shark)
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT and/or SVN.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Technology or Engineering is preferred
- Experience working an Agile development environment (Kanban /Scrum) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with onsite-offshore teams in MNC’s is preferred
- Lead/Management experience a plus
- Experience working on AWS platform is plus, knowledge of Lambdas, S3 bucket, API Gateways etc.
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:59924
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.