Supply Chain Executive with End To End Experience within the CPG/Consumer Packaging Goods Industry
Flexible Work Remote United States
About this role:
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be. The leadership Partner is an individual contributor role that can be located anywhere in North America.
Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a trusted advisor, coaching and critiquing strategies, guiding clients in building their organizations, assisting them in developing Supply Chain strategy, and establishing priorities and planning for implementation around key Supply Chain initiatives.
- Gather, contextualize, coordinate and deliver Gartner written research and personalized analyst inquiry.
- Encourage and promote peer-to-peer and company-to-company networking at both Gartner sponsored events and within the membership community. With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
- Manage approximately 25 – 30 client relationships and supports account planning in collaboration with Leadership Client Managers, and the respective Gartner Account Executive.
- Participates in all phases of the client lifecycle:
• Pre-sale, On-boarding, Relationship Management, Full Delivery, Review and Renew.
• Success is defined by a smooth hand-off from the sales team, consistent member engagement, creation of complete member profiles, accurate identification of the member's agenda, development of an engagement plan, successful quarterly member satisfaction reviews and preparation/delivery of value added on-site engagements and member meetings.
- Responsible for client retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner sales in account planning and value demonstration activities.
- Support research activities such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall ESCL strategy and ESCL product deliverables.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the member by meeting at regularly scheduled, formal monthly cadence calls.
- Ensure members are receiving and perceiving value through contextualized research delivery and regular and full use of analyst inquiries.
- Encourage and facilitate participation in peer networking events.
- Support member strategy building by coordinating and facilitating an annual ½ day workshop.
- Ensuring value delivery by providing tangible assistance and evidence in achieving progress on 2-3 identified key initiatives at a time.
- Develop and maintain a clear, actionable Value Plan with tangible outcomes.
- Serve as a valued member of the clients extended Supply Chain Team who is always contacted to review/advise on key strategic initiatives prior to advancing to senior leadership.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed, sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.
- Direct and facilitate bi-annual member peer forums on topics of relevance to the community.
- Deliver monthly “Special Interest Groups” (SIGs) to community members on topics of relevance; including both analysts and peer experts.
- Represent Gartner publicly as a respected content expert.
- Participate in presentations, panels and workshops.
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share client experiences with analysts.
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the Enterprise Supply Chain Leaders (ESCL) community portal and assisted member connections.
- Facilitate and participate in local events and round tables.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Masters preferred.
- 20 years’ experience preferred working in a senior Supply Chain management role; experience should include combination of practical experience and consulting in Supply Chain.
- In-depth understanding of the role of Sr. Supply Chain leadership at the VP, SVP level preferred.
- In depth understanding of the business value of Supply Chain and the alignment of business and Supply Chain strategies.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor with limited administrative support
Who you are:
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills; The ability and experience working with C level executives.
- You should have strong reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust to client cues and needs
- Energetic, Sales savvy
- Critical thinker and problem solver with demonstrated skills needed to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome-based business/technical advice along with access to appropriate Gartner services
- Strong time/project management skills
- Collaborative and strong team leader
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:59775
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.