The Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) team is a highly collaborative group of technology industry analysts. Members of the team work together to produce research that answers the most pressing questions for technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. GTP analysts deliver research in the form of written documents, presentations, inquiries, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. A GTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader as well as an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated technical aptitude for learning and speaking to advanced technical roles within the content and collaboration platforms subject matter. This person will:
- Develop thought-leading research.
- Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
- Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
- Work with cloud, software, and other technology vendors on product direction.
- Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
- Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
- Contribute to research and agenda planning.
- GTP is seeking a technical professional with collaboration platform knowledge. Qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Subject matter expertise in content collaboration tools (formerly enterprise file sync-and-share), with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities in that market. Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between incumbents, emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers.
- Microsoft 365 technology strengths and weaknesses
- Microsoft 365 data management, including retention policies, sensitivity labels, backup, data location and storage features and limitations.
- Microsoft 365 Apps – differences between web and native clients and Click-to-Run vs. perpetual software
- Implementation experience with one or more Content Collaboration Platforms (Box, Dropbox Business, OneDrive for Business, others)
- Microsoft 365 file migration, particularly Microsoft 365 tenant-to-tenant and on-premises (SharePoint Server or file shares) to Microsoft 365 (OneDrive, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams).
- Microsoft 365 automated provisioning, inc. third-party tools like AvePoint Governance, ProvisionPoint, Teams Manager, or others
- Cloud-to-cloud content collaboration tool or content services platform migration
- Experience using one or more of the following cloud office migration vendors’ products: AvePoint, BitTitan, Cloudiway, CloudM, Microsoft, Proventeq, Quest, ShareGate, SkySync, Tzunami, Xillio.
- SaaS intranets/SharePoint intranets
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Government, for example GCC/GCC high, including features/functionality, limitations, and differences with commercial cloud versions of Microsoft 365.
- The successful candidate has experience working in a professional, client-facing environment within a technology company.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a research or technology-related role
- Candidates may come from an end user environment, software vendor in the product team, creative design shop as a supplier and/or a consulting background in this space.
- Whilst hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate has the ability to see beyond technology to meet business and commercial aims.
- Excellent verbal and wirtten communication skills
- Broad knowledge and keen interest of industry history, industry trends and emerging technologies.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:59648
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.