About this role:
The Manager, Variable Compensation is responsible for leading the processes and people in the Analytics & Insights department focusing on the design, build, deployment, and maintenance of BI Solutions on Power BI as well as data governance. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Executive and Operating Committee members with respect to business strategy, reporting, analysis, insights, and mission critical priorities. The candidate will lead their team of Financial Analysts in Data Analytics, Reporting, and Insights of sales performance/earnings for all business units throughout Gartner Sales. The Financial Analysts are also responsible for auditing data, resolving a variety of inquiries, ad-hoc analysis, forecasting future performance/earnings, and developing/managing projects that improve processes and/or systems.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with senior leaders and their leadership teams to ensure all reporting, analytics and insights are performed in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide superior analytical and business support to the corporate services business units to ensure they are equipped with the insight and analysis to support future investments in our sales force
- Lead A&I data governance and dashboard/reporting development
- Identify areas of risk and opportunities to enhance business models
- Provide analysis and interactive dynamic dashboards on a recurring basis to the CFO, Business Unit Leads and other OC members for visibility into the effectiveness of Gartner’s incentive-based compensation plan
- Identify, implement and project manage process and system improvements
- Provide technical guidance and training of all Power BI best practices to all Financial Analysts in A&I
- Ability to diagnose and repair issues by understanding the technical root cause
- Continually drive change and improvement in all aspects of analysis including development of new data sources within our database and integration with existing data sources
- Creatively import data and transform data for Business Intelligence
- Ability to implement row level security and application security layer models in PBI
- Understanding of DAX and SQL to apply in PBI desktop
- Advanced level understanding of creating calculations within a data set
- Interpret compensation plan and rules for complex situations or when conflicting rules impact a situation and decide best course of action
- Ensure team is performing day-to-day responsibilities with accurate data collection, processing and modeling as well as providing continual development of team members
- Ensure processes allow for consistent and accurate analysis and insights. All processes are documented and cross trained
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives of the company/sales organization and design/implement solutions to meet those needs
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree or certification in related areas desired
- At least 6 years in a business or financial, technology or Data Analytics role with leadership responsibility
- Power BI/tableau/other dashboarding experience. Proven track record of driving change in the areas of people, process, and technology.
- Exceptional analytical skills that allows for easy translation of data into informative visuals and reports with key insights
- Ability to efficiently gather data, perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and succinctly communicate analyses in a language understood by senior business leaders across multiple disciplines within an organization
- Excellent problem solving, modeling and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Excellent ability to understand, document and improve business processes
- Strong communicator visually, verbally and in writing with excellent interpersonal skills
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:59360
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.