What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here !
Business Development Manager
We are seeking a passionate, career motivated Business Development Manager who will thrive in a collaborative sales environment. Our sales culture is based on recognition and personal development. You will have the chance to build a career at a company recognized as one of the best places to work voted by Employees (Glassdoor), best place to work for LGBTQ Equality and one of the world's most admired companies, according to Fortune.
What you'll do as a Business Development Manager?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Business Development Manager to join one of our successful product verticals at Gartner Finance. You will be responsible for hunting net new opportunities and strategically selling our Research and Advisory solutions across the EMEA region. Your target audience will be Mid-Sized Enterprise clients (successful companies generating up to $1 billion annual revenue). The opportunity is based in our attractive London office.
- Identify and drive new business opportunities with new-to-Gartner organizations across EMEA, targeting Mid-Sized Enterprise C-level stakeholders.
- Convert viable prospects into active Gartner clients (members), owning the full sales conversation and negotiation, through to the transition of new clients to the account management team
- Continually build an encouraging pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against your sales metrics ensuring KPI's are met
- Manage complex high-revenue sales across matrix and diverse business environments.
- Exercise forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
What you'll need?
- 2 - 5 years of consultative and solution-based selling experience with a demonstrated track record of quota-carrying success.
- Proven track record meeting and exceeding sales targets in a business development / new business environment
- Ability to precisely manage and forecast a complex sales process
- Competitive nature with a collaborative mindset - you're driven to be the best and your work history and personal accomplishments illustrate this.
- A problem solver with a passion for learning - you are solutions-oriented and aren't afraid to constructively suggest a better way of working and seek feedback in order to improve.
What's in it for you?
- A chance to make a meaningful impact to successful organizations - your work will directly benefit Gartner and our clients to be more successful than yesterday, acting as an advisor to C-suite executives and senior leaders of high-growth companies.
- A culture of learning and career advancement - achieve and exceed your short-term and long-term career goals through our formal training program, continued mentorship and learning from the best and brightest in our industry.
- Enrollment to our market-leading on-boarding Sales Academy program
- Outstanding compensation - uncapped commission structure, with a competitive base salary and exceptional benefits.
- Monthly incentives (individual and/or team recognition awards)
Learn more about Gartner sales teams on our career blog. Here are a few suggestions to get you started, Gartner Sales Roles and Life of Gartner Sales .
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America's Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:58912
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.