About this role:
The Ombudsman Specialist is responsible for ensuring conformity with Gartner’s Code of Conduct and addressing questions or concerns about the integrity or objectivity of any Gartner business or associate.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple email queues (Ombudsman, Quote Requests, Ambassador, etc.) containing inbound requests and questions from various internal and external constituencies.
- Create case files for each in our Matter Management platform; collect relevant information, data describing the matter; and if the request is unclear, request additional information from the sender.
- Accurately identify potential legal, operational or reputational risk and other issue attributes of incoming matters.
- For non-complex issues or questions about policy interpretations, provide the relevant guidance and close the matter.
- For complex matters or those that could involve legal liability, identify the appropriate resources in the L&C team and assign the matter to all relevant associates and notify them.
- Handle requests for legal review, such as; determining the appropriateness of external use requests of Gartner IP.
- Assess risk associated with claims and identify and recommend approaches to mitigate them.
- Adhere to all internal guidelines/practices/policies; recommending improvements where appropriate.
- Assist other Legal & Compliance teams with ad hoc projects and investigations as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3 + years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; experience in a research, legal, or compliance environment a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills
- Confident, empathetic, analytical, objective
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities and to prioritize available resources, while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to make and defend constant judgment calls and think creatively;
- Experience in client-facing roles, with the ability to handle conflict and be assertive when necessary; and
- Ability to work on confidential matters, exercising sound, independent judgment
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Complex problem solver who can successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable, and open to best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Proficiency in English; other languages a plus
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, you will be part of a team that is extremely collaborative and creative. Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- Great work culture
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:58531
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.