Evanta is a Gartner Company , the world’s leading research and advisory firm. A division of Gartner Conferences, Evanta creates exclusive communities of C-level executives from the world’s leading organizations. These networks are built by and for C-level executives to share ideas, validate strategies and solve critical leadership challenges through peer-to-peer insight and collaboration. Evanta’s trusted communities serve CIOs, CISOs, CHROs, and CDOs around the world.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible for hunting net new opportunities and strategically selling sponsorships into Evanta conference portfolios through acquisition of new business.
What You’ll Do:
- Prospect and secure net new business to support the Evanta business through sponsorship sales; strategically building relationships with sales and marketing professionals at all levels of an organization
- Build and maintain a predictable sales pipeline to ensure quota attainment
- Develop strong, collaborative, relationships with internal sales teams to close multi-market account opportunities
- Clearly identify highest level decision makers in order to elevate influence and determine client's mission critical priorities and help execute on those priorities through sponsorship sales
- Travel monthly to meet on-site with prospects
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 5+ years of business-to-business sales experience; preferably information technology sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Proven ability to understand enterprise-wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions that provide marketing decision support to global organizations in achieving their business goals
- Knowledge of the issues faced by C-level heads of Sales and Marketing
- Good understanding of business buying centers
- Solid industry specific and account knowledge
- Ability to travel to conferences, client meetings, competitive conferences
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive base salary with uncapped commission
- World-class benefit offerings
- Immersive sales training experience, followed by just-in-time learning and mentorship opportunities
- Opportunity to leverage what you’ve learned and accelerate your Gartner career– where you want to go is up to you
- Unmatched support and collaboration from your internal partners to renew, grow, and support your accounts
- Access to our voluntary, associate-driven Employee Resource Groups that bring associates together to foster a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace
Who We Are:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our Awards & Accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Gartner is committed to diversity, inclusion and engagement across all aspects of our business. We foster an environment of exceptional professional development to ensure each of us can reach our full potential. This includes embracing diversity and actively removing barriers to support inclusion, engagement and growth at Gartner. Learn more at https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:57279
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.