What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery, and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About the Job
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Service & Support Strategy and Leadership who is well-versed in helping Leaders transform Customer Service & Support and set strategic direction and achieve best-in-class performance. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with setting and implementing strategic plans & budgeting with proven results, especially in B2B organizations (with a focus on high-tech B2B organizations).
About This Role
Analysts create must have insights for our clients through published research and client interaction. You will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a videoconference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction you will help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance.
What You’ll Do
- Research and represent thought leadership and advise Service and Support Leaders and their leadership team on:
- Customer service leadership including strategy setting, budgeting, demonstrating the value of service and support, cross-functional partnership, and executive communication
- Progressive approaches to Organizational Design and Capabilities, especially B2B
- Modernized Service Delivery Models, especially B2B
- Measurements of Success
- Innovative approaches to live-assist and self-service capabilities
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas
What You’ll Need
- 10 years of experience overseeing and working in a Customer Service and Support leadership role
- Subject matter expertise in Customer Service operations, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of how to help leaders develop progressive operations’ practices and implement solutions to meet their specific business needs
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Who You Are
- To thrive in this role, it helps if you are obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees.
- Excellent collaborator with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust
- Confident presenter with a high level of executive presence (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus)
- Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations
- Willing to challenge conventional norms and views
About The Gartner Customer Service & Support Practice
The Gartner for Customer Service & Support Leaders Practice is synonymous with frame-breaking research for service and support leaders on initiatives including, but not limited to strategy and leadership, digital and self-service customer service, talent and operations, and CX and VoC. The team works with 500+ client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps service and support leaders, and their direct leadership teams address their unique challenges by relying on original primary research, benchmarks, insights, and analysis delivered through an analyst & advisory model.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:56347
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.