Are you looking for a dynamic career with excellent advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, consider Gartner, the world's leading research and advisory company, serving C-suite leaders and their teams in 15,600+ distinct organizations in more than 100 countries. Gartner equips these leaders with the indispensable insights, advice, and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Account Executives are solution-oriented individuals who help clients with their most important critical challenges. The account executive is a field sales role responsible for direct client contract value retention, as well as growth through contract expansion and the introduction of new products and services. The territory for this role includes specific major client accounts and carries a sales quota of $1 million+ of contract value. Gartner is a sales-driven organization, and the success of our account executives is the fuel that grows the company. #GartnerSales
What you’ll do:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that improves the value delivered by Gartner products and services
- Manage your accounts toward an outcome of increased customer satisfaction and an increase in retention and account growth
- Fulfill a quota responsibility of $1 million+ of contract value within a territory of major client accounts
- Handle forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
What you need:
- 6 – 10 years of external experience with validated consultative sales, preferably in high-technology (services, software or hardware), with evidence of prior success
- Proficiency in account planning and an understanding of territory management
- The ability to prospect and run C-level and senior-level relationships within midsize and large organizations
- Demonstrated intellect, drive, executive presence and sales acumen
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships through offering beneficial, insightful and strategic insights into their businesses
- Strong proficiency in computer skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process, from prospecting to close
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong evidence of success
- Master’s or advanced degree a plus
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:53623
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.