What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What you’ll do as a Business Development Executive:
As an experienced sales professional, you’ll uncover new logo business on the large enterprise team in our Finance, Assurance and Government practice. You’ll navigate the sales process through complex business environments selling to the C-level in a designated territory. Prospects of the large enterprise sales team have $1B+ in annual revenue. Your role will also include:
- Quota of $750K - $1M (may be adjusted for specific role) in new contract value across your territory
- Convert prospects into Gartner clients, owning the full sales cycle and negotiation through to the transition of new clients to the account management team
- Continually build relationships at the C-Level to uncover prospects’ mission critical priorities and present Gartner solutions to deliver against sales metrics and KPIs
- Collaborate with internal resource teams to produce proof of concept and subject matter expertise to prospects
- Own forecasting and account planning on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
What you’ll need to be successful:
We’re a traits-based organization that seeks diverse talent to best meet our clients’ needs. We look for sales professionals with strong executive presence, intrinsic drive, natural curiosity and coachability. The experience level we look for is as follows:
- 5 – 8 years of consultative, B2B sales experience
- Experience prospecting to the C-Suite and senior-level leadership of enterprise businesses
- Quick learning attributes that enable you to pivot and work through ambiguity
- Ability to demonstrate strong sales process and strategies
- Track record of overachievement on goals or quotas
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s or advanced degree is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- World-class training through our Sales Academy when you join and on-going training from our L&D team and sales leadership
- Unlimited advancement potential as a sales professional or progression into people leadership
- Unmatched resources to support your success
- Inclusive environment with great balance for personal and family life
- Generous compensation including uncapped commission, accelerators, bonuses and other incentives
About the Team:
Our diverse sales team is one with a track record of continuous learning and overachievement. Nearly 80% of our business development sales associates achieved our annual sales recognition trip, Winner’s Circle, in 2020. Most people leaders have been promoted internally and have delivered great success as an individual contributor in the past. They’re hands-on and enjoy working through challenging client scenarios alongside their team.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.