About this role:
The Account Executive is a inside sales role responsible for direct client contract value, retention and growth through contract expansion, and the introduction of new products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Consult with C-level executive clients to develop and implement an effective, enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value Gartner delivers
- Manage accounts with the outcome of increased customer satisfaction, retention and account growth
- Master and consistently execute Gartner’s internal sales methodology
- Demonstrate senior sales leadership through coaching, mentoring and developing junior sales account executives
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters or advanced degree a plus
- 3+ years of proven consultative sales experience, preferably in high technology (services, software or hardware)
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior-level relationships within large global enterprises
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic vision into their business
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
Who you are:
- Comfortable selling to, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner sales associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Uncapped commissions
- Generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations around the world.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:45486
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.