When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, review and approve monthly payrolls for multiple countries.
- Prepare off-cycle manual payments as needed with required calculations and system entries.
- Process all special payment requests such as commissions, bonuses, severance, and overtime.
- Analyze processes to drive efficiencies and best practices
- Serve as a liaison between associates and local country payroll contacts.
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions and tax withholding.
- Coordinate with HR on employee data changes and benefits as recorded in the HR system.
- Coordinate with the Payroll Service Provider Account Manager.
- Review payroll system audits and address issues.
- Prepare and input journal entries for all payroll activity and reconcile accounts monthly.
- Prepare reports and analyses for management as requested.
- Obtain working knowledge of eTime (leave management) solution
- Provide support and integration of new payroll acquisitions.
- Partner with the global payroll analyst on all project management initiatives
- Mentor and train new hires
What you’ll need:
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years prior payroll experience and CPP designation preferred.
- 5+ years work experience preferably in a corporate environment.
- ADP or Oracle knowledge preferred.
- Payroll System report writer experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task proficiently
- Proven ability to work cross functionally within a team
- Project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive personnel data
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization
- Effective influencing and listening skills
- World class internal/external customer service skills
- Strong initiative and drive
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive results
- Ability to mentor and train others.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:44027
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.