About the role:
Gartner for CISOs (G4CISO) is an executive-level advisory service within the broader Gartner Executive Technology Services Product Suite that delivers expert insights and guidance tailored to each client’s context and most critical information and cyber security initiatives.
Gartner’s global Executive Partners team specializes in Security and Risk Management.
We equip security leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful security organizations of tomorrow.
What you will do:
- You will manage a portfolio of 25-30 clients, typically CISOs and Leaders of Cybersecurity, from global Fortune 1000 organizations and government agencies
- As their Executive Partner, you will partner with your member to deliver value through regular advisory calls, virtual workshops, follow ups on their initiatives, roundtables, sending guidance, suggesting relevant webinars and by attending Gartner’s reputable Security and Risk Management Summits, etc.
- As someone who has previously been in their shoes before (or someone who has equivalent experience), you will use your knowledge and expertise, along with additional Gartner resources and research, to coach and mentor your clients on critical initiatives and obstacles for today and tomorrow specifically within the Security Risk Management space
- Collaboration is key. You will work closely with several internal Gartner teams to ensure value is delivered. These can include Sales teams, Analysts, Client Managers, and your peers across other domains
- This role is a Client-facing position that requires a high level of Executive presence and ability to build trust and deliver value. In addition, this role requires communication, diplomacy, coaching and presentation skills.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities
- This is a predominantly home-based role, where you will operate as an individual contributor managing your own desk and other administrative tasks; you will be delivering value to your client portfolio in a virtual manner
What you will need:
We’d love to talk to you if you have:
- 15+ years’ experience with a primary focus as an executive in a Security Risk Management leader role within a Fortune 500 company or equivalent
- Extensive experience running security programs and/or practice areas as a Chief Information Security Officer, Security Practice Group leader or other equivalent role
- Experience in executive level roles within consulting, sales or customer facing positions
- Experience and expertise with modern information security programs is important including:
- Assessing business/organizational strategy and risk
- Developing security strategy and roadmaps aligned to organizational strategy and risk
- Building security teams and capabilities
- Implementing key security solutions including SIEM, Identity & Access Management, threat and vulnerability management, forensics, endpoint security, network security, etc.
- Building effective, repeatable processes to support security programs
- Creating security metrics and reporting mechanisms
- Working on Incident Response processes and improving them
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:32802
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.