Sr. Director, Marketing Organization and Operations, Gartner Research, Work At Home
Sr. Director, Research, Marketing Organization and Operations, Gartner Research
Gartner is seeking an analyst to provide research and advice for marketing leaders in the areas of Marketing Organization and Operations.
You will advise marketers on:
- Marketing strategy development: building strategic plans that connect business priorities and goals with marketing capabilities and operations.
- Marketing structure, talent and training: Defining the structures, ways of working and processes that enable essential capabilities to scale across the marketing organization.
- Marketing budget and resource management: Building, managing and optimizing marketing budgets and resources.
- Marketing operations: Establishing the scale, scope and function of marketing operations in modern marketing organizations.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in marketing data and technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading marketing research for our Gartner for Marketing Leaders clients through published research, conversations with clients (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have experience in defining marketing strategy, building plans to deliver that strategy, aligning budget to planned activities, and managing against planned budget allocations.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will work alongside other experts in your field, collaborating and contributing to one of Gartner’s fastest-growing products. You’ll help clients get more value from their marketing data, meeting with them: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how marketing data and analytics technology markets are developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles. This will include experience:
- Managing to a Marketing P&L.
- Aligning marketing strategy, execution and measurement (includes growing revenue, profit improvement and cost management)
- Planning, budgeting, and staffing or sourcing to support execution of marketing strategy.
- Managing through budget fluctuations, including growth phases, as well as periods of budget contraction or pressure.
- Building a business case for additional spend or investment.
- Marketing leadership and organizational effectiveness (includes marketing organization design and development, brand management and strategies to support sales)
- Working effectively with C-Suite counterparts and organizational leaders, including the CEO, head of sales, CFO and CIO, recognizing the friction points between roles, and methods for fostering partnerships.
Job Requisition ID:29696
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.