Sr. Director Analyst
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual candor. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business operations and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
On the back of the rapid expansion of our Supply Chain practice, we now have an opening for a Senior Director, Analyst in Supply Chain Planning / Sales and Operations Planning based in the United States.
About this Role
An Industrial Supply Chain Planning / Sales and Operations Planning analyst in the Supply Chain Practice advises end-user clients in supply chain planning leadership roles on best practices in Supply Chain Planning using their own research, practitioner content and case studies. This advice covers supply chain planning strategy development, trends and innovations, performance management and benchmarking, capability maturity assessments and improvement and collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders in supply chain planning. The analyst in this role covers cross-industry agenda for supply chain planning, and can support end-to-end supply chain research topics in heavy/discrete industrial, A&D and automotive specialties.
The key activities performed include:
- Conducting client advisory calls
- Overseeing research and producing content
- Working with practitioners to produce content jointly and produce case studies
- Presenting at Gartner events and supporting sales teams by speaking with prospective clients to demonstrate Gartner subject matter expertise.
What you’ll do:
- Cover specific topics in the core Supply Chain Planning and Sales and Operations Planning space
- Drive research on strategy and best practices in Supply Chain Planning and S&OP for supply chain executives and senior planning leaders.
- Responsible for conducting research and writing in-depth reports that demonstrate a mastery of best practices and strategies to guide user decision making in supply chain planning and S&OP strategy and execution.
- Proficiency in developing graphics and converting written content to presentation materials is an advantage
- Responsible for ongoing publication of research notes that are topical, based on case studies or follow on from research reports to generate client readership and interaction.
- Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects in these verticals (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations).
- Prepare and deliver high-value presentations and other materials at Gartner, industry and client briefings. Collaborate across research groups to ensure presentations and messages comprehensively represent best practices.
- Produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically deep, fact-based research.
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Become recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert and thought leader i.e. develop a following.
- Support the Sales organization in selling and retention on best practices and trends in Supply Chain Planning, specifically in discrete industrial, A&D and/or automotive industries. Ability to demonstrate research value leading to successful sales.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review.
- Participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Support Thought-leadership initiatives to research positions with other analysts.
- Credibility as an discrete industrial, A&D and/or automotive industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties in a strategic, analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 15+ years of experience in Supply Chain, with demonstrated expertise in the supply chain planning and S&OP areas in discrete/heavy industrial, A&D and/or automotive industries. Experience in running complex demand planning operations and S&OP processes and in implementing S&OP is desired.
- Have expertise in Supply Chain Planning and preferably in other adjacent areas such as Master Production Scheduling (MPS) and Customer Service.
- Understanding of the end-to-end supply chains, especially in discrete/heavy industrial, A&D and/or automotive industries, and ability to link best practices, business strategies, goals & metrics to client’s business strategies.
- Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate skills to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
- The candidate must be a strategic and critical thinker, able to efficiently multitask, and to deliver high quality actionable advice on time through a variety of media. The candidate must demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic but also be collaborative within geographically diverse team environment.
- Experience with the best practices and issues facing end users (“clients”).
- Strong project planning and management skills with a strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Be able to travel minimum 5 – 10 working days per month to any global location and attend 2 Gartner conferences per year.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
- Located in the US.
Who you are:
- Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues.
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume.
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision. Effective communicator
- Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors.
- Thought leader – strong visionary and analytical thinker
What we offer:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Direct collaboration with smart global colleagues in a continuous learning environment.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits starting on your first day.
Job Requisition ID:45181
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.