Sr Director, Analyst - Finance Working Capital - FLEXIBLE LOCATION
We’re looking for a Sr. Director of Working Capital to help CFOs and senior finance leaders effectively design, launch and optimize working capital initiatives. The Gartner Finance Practice, with the recent acquisition of CEB, is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the finance domain on initiatives including, but not limited to, Financial Strategy, Cost Optimization, Financial Data & Analytics, Finance Technology Optimization, and Budgeting, Planning & Forecasting. The team works with more than 2000+ client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps CFOs and their direct leadership team (Corporate Controllers, Heads of FP&A, Business Unit CFOs etc) address their unique challenges by relying on original primary research, benchmarks, insights and analysis delivered through an advisory model.
If you’ve spent a good part of your career ...leading and studying inventory, payables, or receivables improvement projects to reduce the cost of capital and improve cash flow forecasting and want to share your expertise with senior executives grappling with tough decisions and challenges and advise clients across industries outside the traditional consulting engagement model, then this is the role for you.
- Serve as an authority on working capital
- Research and represent thought leadership and advise senior Finance leaders on best practices covering aspects including:
- Inventory management and optimization
- Demand planning
- Finance-Procurement partnership and vendor negotiation
- Accounts payable optimization.
- Accounts receivable optimization.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Working capital project development.
- Working capital performance management and incentive design
- Provide direction to senior finance leaders.
- Develop and extend advice and frameworks through written research.
- Create materials for and deliver both face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients.
- Help rapidly expand the expertise domain for a high-growth practice area.
- Ensure integrity of our research and maintain Gartner independence.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 10+ years of experience in finance roles
- 10+ years of experience overseeing and working on process improvement initiatives
- Broad-based finance and process improvement experience. The ideal candidate will have served in a variety of finance operations, finance transformation, process re-engineering, and/or related roles.
- Knowledge and experience working with innovative technologies is preferred.
- Stellar writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply to senior executives.
- Strong willingness to challenge conventional norms and views, persistence and intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- Masters or PhD
- Experience running a sub-function in finance
- Broad-based industry experience as this role serves multiple industries
Job Requisition ID:36936
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.