Senior Director, Finance
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
We’re looking for a Sr. Director of Finance well versed in Financial Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting & the associated “enabling” technologies to help CFOs and senior finance leaders effectively design, improve, digitize, and transform FP&A processes.
The Gartner Finance Practice, with the recent acquisition of CEB, is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the finance domain on initiatives including, but not limited to growth investment & cost structure, finance process excellence, finance technology optimization, and budgeting, planning & forecasting, and financial data & analytics. The team works with more than 1000+ client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps CFOs and their direct leadership teams address their unique challenges by relying on original primary research, benchmarks, insights and analysis delivered through an advisory model.
If you’ve spent a good part of your career leading and studying FP&A transformations and trends in financial forecasting and want to share your expertise with senior executives grappling with tough decisions and challenges and advise clients across industries outside the traditional consulting engagement model, then this is the role for you.
- Serve as an authority on FP&A process re-engineering
- Research and represent thought leadership and advise senior Finance leaders on best practices in the FP&A process transformation, covering aspects including:
- Industry best practices and tools to integrate financial planning process with operational and business strategic plan.
- Guidance on the role of finance and how should finance partner with other functions to drive collaborative and real time forecasting
- Streamlining processes and leveraging technology to integrate operational and financial forecasts and reduce manual work and complexity.
- Insights into emerging technology trends in AI and machine learning to enhance FP&A forecasting capability
- Improve forecast precision and speed to deliver decision ready insights aligned with business strategy.
- Provide direction to senior finance leaders.
- Develop and extend advice and frameworks through written research.
- Create materials for and deliver both face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients.
- Help rapidly expand the expertise domain for a high-growth practice area.
- Ensure integrity of our research and maintain Gartner independence.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 10+ years of experience in finance roles
- 10+ years of experience overseeing and working on FP&A process improvement initiatives
- Broad-based finance and process improvement experience. The ideal candidate will have served in a variety of FP&A, finance transformation, process re-engineering, and/or related roles.
- Knowledge and experience working with innovative technologies is preferred.
- Stellar writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply to senior executives.
- Strong willingness to challenge conventional norms and views, persistence and intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- Masters or PhD
- Experience running a sub-function in finance
- Broad-based industry experience as this role serves multiple industries
Job Requisition ID:48199
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.