Research Director, Network Security
Research Director, Network Security, North America Location, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in security technology management.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard, and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading Network Security research in the context of both corporate network, virtualized, and cloud environments, delivered to our research and advisory clients through published research, conversations (client inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how network security in new technology and service environments will evolve.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult security issues. You will:
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of Network Security technologies and services
- Provide guidance to clients that are selecting, deploying, and operating network security technologies and services in both corporate and cloud environments. Network security technologies include Network Firewalls, IPS, Web Application Firewalls, DDoS defense, Network Access Control, and network security analytics.
- Work collaboratively as part of a globally distributed team of analysts.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how network security markets are developing in order to help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in market positioning.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within your coverage areas as well as adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for clients and deliver in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
What you’ll need:
Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience.
- A clear understanding of on-premises and cloud oriented network security technology, managed services and management practices including management of security risks as on-premises functions are transferred to cloud environments.
- Experience in deployment and operational management of network security technologies such as Enterprise Network Firewalls, IPS, Web Application Firewalls, DDoS defense, advanced threat protection, Network Access Control, and network security analytics.
- Subject matter expertise in the security aspects of Software Defined Networking (SDN/SDWAN) and Software Defined Perimeters (SDP) and a familiarity with micro-segmentation and CASB.
- Familiarity with cloud network security management, with an understanding of the applications and risks in that market. Knowledge of the competitive landscape, including emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers
- Strong analytical skills are required for this position. Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to apply conceptual models, and to recognize patterns while drawing and defending conclusions.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Experience in speaking engagements is an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a research or technology related role.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience
- Ability to conduct occasional travel (approximately 6-12 trips per year), regionally and globally
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit jobs.gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:46106
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.