PPM Thought Leader, Research & Advisory
Gartner is seeking a candidate who will work within the PPM research domain which includes: program, product, change and portfolio management, PMOs/EPMOs, strategy execution, enterprise agility and the services that support them. The successful candidate will also understand what drives exceptional performance for PPM leaders, and how to measure and communicate business value. The ideal candidate produces client satisfaction at the highest levels via written research, client interactions or formal presentations. They are also expected to be open and giving in peer collaboration and team-based settings.
The successful candidate is :
- Thought leader who embraces the evolution of PPM necessary for digital business transformation and continuous innovation.
- Execute the complete research process involved in producing our written deliverables compliant with our methodologies. This includes proposing and maintaining an evolving body of research ideas for consideration, using primary/secondary internal and external research sources, and building the research and analysis as part of a team effort. The body of written research in the PPM domain will focus on providing insight, thought-leading predictions, and actionable advice to Gartner clients.
- Possess outstanding writing skills; demonstrated both individually and in collaboration with others. An ability to write with clarity, and simplicity; driving home actionable advice points that add value to Gartner clients. Be able to quickly deliver specific value and demonstrate a variety of soft skills in providing research findings and expert advice to clients through daily inquiry interactions via audio and video.
- Have a strong public presence and excellent speaking skills; as, they will be expected to present research and advice at a variety of Gartner conferences.
Other considerations include:
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply. Public speaking skills and experience are a plus.
- Credibility, and an ability to rapidly gain trust and respect of senior executives.
- Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, the individual must be adept at research and analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of both quantitative and qualitative information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data. Ability to think abstractly and strategically is a must.
- Strong customer service mentality.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global team.
- Propose, define, and conduct ongoing research and analysis in PPM topics, processes, approaches, products and various projected, possible, and future directions and alternatives.
- Perform research by working both individually and collaboratively with others – both inside and outside Gartner.
- Maintain and expand your knowledge by reading a wide range of primary and secondary sources; networking with PPM authors and intellectual leaders, vendors and service providers, and other analysts; and participating in community discussions and forums, and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process.
- Actively conduct professional, objective, and collegial peer review; providing constructive critique, advice, and suggestions for the research generated by others across the research organization.
- Dedicate a substantial portion of each work day to Gartner client inquiry efforts; participating in scheduled live audio / video discussions offering advice, cautions, and validation, providing reviews for client-submitted documents, proposals, and plans.
- Create presentation and event materials, in the form of stage presentations, webinars, webcasts, and/or workshops; and deliver these materials to clients / client groups in face-to-face meetings, teleconferences, and as needed for Gartner events and client support.
- Propose, create, and publish written research (e. g. Research Notes, etc.) through collaboration with the Gartner research community.
- Must have demonstrated work experience, at the mastery level, in both the theory, and the hands-on maturation and leadership of efforts in all or many of the basic processes of PPM including: PMO evolution, portfolio & demand management, resource .anagement, change management, strategy execution, and adoption of agile.
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership in such areas as: enterprise agile, agile software delivery, bi-modal methods, DevOps, product management practices and other trends in PPM.
- Experience leading an EPMO/PMO, strategy execution office, or portfolio, program & projects organizations including delivering initiatives to an extensive group of business stakeholders a plus.
- Proven experience leading enterprise-wide strategic transformation initiatives, driven by the business a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze information and data and draw actionable conclusions.
Job Requisition ID:38317
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.