Leadership Partner - Security and Risk Mgmt - Federal
About this role:
You will become a trusted advisor to executive level senior security and IT risk management leaders in Federal government agencies, departments and branches of the U.S. Armed Services. Your partnership with them will enable accelerated decision making and improved outcomes for their strategic initiatives. You will be comfortable challenging their current thinking and introducing new ways of approaching complex issues. Your ability to understand your client’s situation and recommend new paths forward will be critical to the success of your client. You will have the opportunity to leverage your own expertise along with learning new approaches developed by industry leading analysts at Gartner.
What you’ll do:
- Manage 25-30 member relationships ensuring value is delivered during the subscription period. These members have Security & Risk Management Leadership roles and typically report directly to the CIO or another senior government or military leader.
- Leverage your subject matter expertise along with Gartner’s intellectual property and the Security & Risk Management peer community to act as a trusted advisor and deliver value to your members.
- Align your work with your members to the overall objectives of the CIO and / or organization in order to ensure your focus is on the highest priority initiatives. Track and report value delivered.
- Drive and participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: Understand what is most important for your member, align those initiatives to organization and / or CIO initiatives, engage and deliver value, capture the value as delivered, articulate the value delivered to the member and decision maker and utilize your learning, teaching and coaching skills during the process.
- Responsible for member retention/renewal of the subscription based service.
- Host and /or participate in periodic onsite member activities including workshops, presentations, roundtables and webinars for your members.
- Collaborate with other Leadership Partners in the Security & Risk Management domain to improve the team’s effectiveness and drive innovation as the domain matures and evolves.
What you’ll need:
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years’ experience working in a senior Information Security leadership role for 5+ years in the Federal Government or with 5+ years in other Information Security or IT area (e.g. Consulting)
- In-depth understanding of the Information Security industry and the role of Senior Information Security and IT leadership
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, and initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends
- In-depth understanding or Information Security in a Federal Government context
- In-depth understanding of Information Security and the alignment of organization and Information Security strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner resources to support achievement of business results
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Business and IT Leadership
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership skills
- Security Clearance preferred or willingness to obtain/reestablish Security Clearance
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with senior leaders
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- This role is a client-facing position that requires a high level of executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to be productive and effective working in a remote location.
Subject Matter Expertise:
We are looking for an individual who has extensive experience leading security programs and/or practice areas as a Chief Information Security Officer, Security Practice Group leader or other equivalent role in the Federal Government. This individual also will have experience collaborating and working effectively with other senior leaders in Federal agencies, departments and / or branches of the U.S. Armed Services. Experience presenting to and working with senior leadership is also important.
- Experience and expertise with modern information security programs is important including:
- Assessing business/organizational strategy and risk
- Developing security strategy and roadmaps aligned to organizational strategy and risk
- Building security teams and capabilities
- Implementing key security solutions including SIEM, Identity & Access Management, threat and vulnerability management, forensics, endpoint security, network security, etc.
- Building effective, repeatable processes to support security programs
- Creating security metrics and reporting mechanisms
Job Requisition ID:41786
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.