Leadership Partner - Data & Analytics, East Coast
Leadership Partner- Data & Analytics
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Fortune 500 organizations and government agencies. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development, the unique opportunity to make a significant difference in many client organizations simultaneously as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. You will have the opportunity to learn about and deliver solutions for, the most complex technology challenges facing the world’s largest community of Fortune 500 organizations and government agencies.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of 25-30 member relationships, and participate in account planning with Gartner Leadership Client Managers and Account Executives.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for the members and multi-member accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized Engagement plan in accordance with overall product strategy and deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site sessions for clients at their location in support of key initiatives.
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and service renewal.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and/or participate in periodic member activities, including special interest groups (SIGs), workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years of work experience, working as a Director or in a Senior management role
- Successful experience in roles such as Chief Data Officer (CDO), Chief Analytics Officer (CAO), Chief Data Scientist, Data Scientist
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry
- Knowledge, experience and expertise in the subject matters noted below
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship management skills including experience working with senior IT and business leaders
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Strong time and client portfolio management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our Member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- This role is a client-facing position that requires a high level of executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
Subject Matter Expertise:
The successful candidate will have had successful experience in a Chief Data Officer, Chief Analytics Officer, Data Science, VP/Sr. VP Business Intelligence and/or Analytics role within a Global 1000 organization or government agency with commensurate responsibilities and span of control. Additionally, candidates would also have experience in executive level roles within consulting or customer facing positions. Candidates should have strong business acumen and executive presence while also possessing knowledge, experience and expertise with modern data science and/or office of the Chief Data Officer responsibilities and topics including:
Office of the Chief Data Officer (CDO) / Chief Analytics Officer (CAO)
- Provides advisory guidance to CDOs/CAOs with regard to enterprise-wide data and information strategy, governance, control, policy development, and data optimization
- Extends CDO insight into risk, compliance, policy management, and business insight to data
- The business value of a CDO/CAO function
- Managing CDO/CAO responsibilities vs. data management under the CIO
- The relationship between CDO/CAO functions and information architecture
- Organization/staffing of the CDO/CAO office
- Broad and deep understanding of Data Science precepts, such as:
- Applied data science
- Machine and deep learning
- Internet of Things (IoT) data and algorithms
- Cloud data monetization
- Natural language processing and pattern analysis
- Smart machines
- Statistical analysis
- Hypothesis (A/B) testing
- AI / BOTS
- Conceptual modeling
- Predictive, prescriptive and sentiment analysis
- Ability to provide insight into Data Monetization/Infonomics, Data Management/Governance, Customer Insights/Customer Intelligence
Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Leadership perspective in business intelligence, analytics, master data management, enterprise data warehouse, big data, dashboards, BI tools and technologies and approaches in key industry verticals.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Enterprise IT Leaders provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
Competitive base salary
Annual bonus potential
Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:33361
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.