Leadership Partner - Applications
About this role:
You will become a trusted advisor to executive level enterprise applications leaders based in the US and Canada. Your partnership with them will enable accelerated decision making and improved outcomes for their strategic initiatives. You will be comfortable challenging their current thinking and introducing new ways of approaching complex issues. Your ability to understand your client’s situation and recommend new paths forward will be critical to the success of your client. You will have the opportunity to leverage your own expertise along with learning new approaches developed by industry leading analysts at Gartner.
What you’ll do:
- Manage 25-30 member relationships ensuring value is delivered during the subscription period. These members have Enterprise Application Leader roles and typically report directly to the CIO.
- Leverage your subject matter expertise along with Gartner’s intellectual property and the Enterprise Applications peer community to deliver value to your members.
- Align your work with your members to the overall objectives of the CIO or enterprise in order to ensure your focus is on the highest priority initiatives. Track and report value delivered.
- Drive and participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: Understand what is most important for your member, align those initiatives to enterprise or CIO initiatives, engage and deliver value, capture the value as delivered, articulate the value delivered to the member and decision maker and utilize your learning, teaching and coaching skills during the process.
- Responsible for member retention/renewal of the subscription based service.
- Host and /or participate in periodic onsite member activities including workshops, presentations, and roundtables for your members.
- Collaborate with other Leadership Partners in the Enterprise Applications domain to improve the team’s effectiveness and drive innovation as the domain matures and evolves.
- Periodically work with our Sales team to explain the membership to newly identified prospective members
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate (Masters preferred)
- 20+ years of experience including having full responsibility for a portfolio of enterprise applications and the application lifecycle including strategizing, architecting, selecting, deploying, operating, evolving, and retiring those applications.
- Direct reporting to a CIO acting as the Director or VP of Enterprise Applications.
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess member situations and provide actionable outcome-based advice.
- Ability to understand and contextualize client situations and objectives, and creatively shape delivery to bring Member Value
- Ability to work and collaborate in a cross-functional, matrixed environment
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations.
- Excellent relationship building skills including experience working with Sr. Executives.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior executives.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Travel 25% and upwards.
Who you are:
- A professional with management consulting experience who has an understanding of how to ensure you are solving the right problem for your client at the right time.
- A leader with industry experience. You have sat in the seat of ad Senior Applications Leader at a fortune 1000 company.
- A critical thinker and problem solver, You have demonstrated the ability to assess our member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help your clients achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- This role is a client-facing position that requires a high level of executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Someone who thrives on learning the next thing, someone who is curious, someone who is courageous enough to constructively challenge your clients’ thinking
- Someone who has worked in multiple environments and can demonstrate a breadth of knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to be productive and effective working in a remote location.
Subject Matter Expertise:
We are looking for an individual who has held the role of Director or VP of Enterprise Applications and has had ownership of the full lifecycle of the application portfolio including strategizing, architecting, selecting, deploying, operating, evolving, and retiring those applications. Equally important is having a management consulting background, experience leading large-scale ERP programs that have enabled business transformation, involvement in digital transformation initiatives and journeys from a project oriented focus to a product oriented one. In addition we are looking for people with experience/expertise with modern enterprise application lifecycle management approaches, including:
- Moving from a Project to Product Focused Organization
- Leading a Product Organization
- Building Digital Platform(s)
- Transforming Solution Delivery (Agile, Devops, Design Thinking)
- ERP Transformation Initiatives
- Customer Experience (Sales, Service, Digital Commerce)
- Application Strategy
- Application Rationalization
- Application Organizational Design
- Business Value Realization
- Implementing and Managing Cloud and Integration Platforms
- Org Design and common Applications Operating Models
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our members to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:43635
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.