IT Infrastructure Automation & Monitoring Thought Leader - Work at Home, Flexible Location - North America - Gartner Research
Senior Director, Analyst – Infrastructure Automation and Monitoring – Gartner for Technical Professionals
The successful candidate will become an expert in infrastructure provisioning, automation and monitoring in order to write research and advise our clients on the development and technical implementation their datacenter and cloud strategies. Key areas of focus include automation methodologies and approaches, processes and tools. The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables aimed at the technical staff.
Day-to-Day Job Functions
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis and positions at a regular cadence through evidence based research
- Create compelling research on infrastructure automation and monitoring aimed at technical audience
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to technical teams in Gartner’s client base
- Craft specific and actionable advice for our clients technical teams who face the challenges of moving from traditional data center provisioning methods into agile, DevOps processes
- Provide insights to clients through phone inquiries and through face to face interactions
- Apply personal experience and technical expertise to an array of clients, situations and industries
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
- Work with Gartner Sales executives to attract, engage and retain Gartner customers.
- Balance written research deliverables; telephone and email client contacts, conferences, webinars and travel requests
- Proactively contribute to thought leadership and research communities
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning, automation and monitoring
- In-depth technical knowledge of one or more automation processes and tools
- Experience working with technical architecture and implementation teams
- Must be comfortable with the idea of writing 4-6 documents/year of 20-30 pages
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive level engagements in high profile enterprises
Job Requisition ID:30199
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.