Executive Partner (Chief Sales Officer Advisory)
When you join Gartner for Chief Sales Officers (CSO), you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Gartner Executive CSO Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are CSOs or SVPs of Sales from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies. In this role, you’ll be further expanding your knowledge of cutting edge research and trends in the sales function along with your own experience base and personal network.
Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team and remarkable clients, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Executive Partner’s(EP) role is to serve as a trusted advisor to our senior-most Sales executive clients and deliver exceptional value by orchestrating the full capability of Gartner (research, analysts, events and peer networking) to help each member-client, define and exceed their specific enterprise goals.
Executive partners work with clients to define develop, prioritize and/or critique sales strategies and tactics; develop and/or transform overall skills and capability within the sales organization; assist with the development and execution of a compelling Sales vision; aggregate and deliver Gartner research insights on key initiatives, priorities, and implementations; and in general, becoming a trusted advisor for the SVP, EVP or CSO. With the support of their EP, our clients are able to achieve their top and bottom line targets more quickly, cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
What you’ll do:
- The EP manages around 20 senior executive member relationships and participates in account planning with Senior Client Managers and Senior Account Executives. These three individuals collectively and individually have responsibility for each assigned account.
- The EP actively participates in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
- The EP performs annual onsite workshops for client member and leads CSO/SVP, Sales breakout sessions during annual Sales Forums.
Success is defined by:
- Executing a smooth hand-off from the sales team
- Regularly engaging the member in a substantive manner
- Creating a complete member profile
- Partnering with Sales, Research and Service to delight the client
- Accurately identifying and documenting the member’s Mission Critical Priorities
- Developing an engagement (value) plans for each client
- Participating (with Sales and Client Managers) in quarterly account reviews
- Preparing value-added on-site engagements and member meetings
- Operational rigor in maintaining client activity in our CRM and scheduling systems
Sales and Sales Support
The EP is responsible for member retention and for contributing to growth through support of sales in prospect cultivation, account planning/development and value demonstration activities delivered through proof-of-concept (POC) engagements
The EP is responsible for hosting and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research)
The EP supports research activities, such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels. The EP will be aligned with and leverage Gartner research positions and initiatives as well as provide feedback from the member base to the research organization. The EP works with research analysts to develop and deliver CSO/SVP Sales relevant research.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall Gartner Sales strategy and Gartner Sales product deliverables.
- Work with members to further their levels of Sales maturity through delivery of research, peer networking, and coaching.
- Critique client strategies, guide clients in building their organizations, and assist in developing Sales strategies, establishing priorities, and planning for implementation around key Sales initiatives.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.)
- Direct and facilitate member peer group calls and/or meetings
Content Development and Management
- Participate in presentations, panels and workshops
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share member experiences with analysts
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the Sales community portal and assisted member connections
- Lead and participate in local events and roundtables
What you’ll need:
Subject Matter Expertise
- The EP must be a senior business executive and have demonstrated topic knowledge in developing and delivering overall Sales strategy, execution and performance improvement.
- The EP will be an accomplished current or former SVP, EVP of Sales, CRO, CCO or CSO, with a broad base of expertise that has operated at a senior leadership level and driven change at all levels.
- The EP is responsible to retain clients in accordance with established Gartner Retention Metrics. In addition, to work closely with Sales to vet and close “new’ business.
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years' experience working as a SVP, EVP, CRO, CCO or CSO or in a senior management role in a Sales Executive level capacity; or 5+ years in the capacity with 5+ years in another Sales Executive role
- An in-depth understanding of the Sales Function and the role of the CSO (including leadership, enablement, operations management, compensation, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the business value of Sales and the alignment of Business, Marketing and Sales strategies.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess member situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business advice, and the ability to leverage
- Appropriate (Gartner and other) resources to help clients achieve business results
- Ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills; with a healthy dose of humility and experience working with C level executives. This individual should have strong reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust to client cues and needs
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Sales savvy
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Sales and / or business development experience or ability with CXO level executives
- Strong time/project management skills
- Initial Travel restricted to US and Canada; 20-40% travel
- Experience as a Gartner / CEB client is preferred
POSITION IS REMOTE / WORK-FROM-HOME AND CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES. MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE AS THE MOST SENIOR SALES LEADER WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION (CSO/SVP/EVP, etc...)
Job Requisition ID:44156
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.