Director, Finance Technology Strategy & Implementation
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role
Analysts create must have insights for our clients through published research and client interaction. You will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction you will help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance.
The Gartner Finance Practice is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the finance domain on initiatives including, but not limited to growth investment & cost structure, finance process excellence, finance technology optimization, and budgeting, planning & forecasting, and financial data & analytics. The team works with more than 1000+ client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps CFOs and their direct leadership teams address their unique challenges by relying on original primary research, benchmarks, insights and analysis delivered through an analyst & advisory model.
We’re looking for a Director of Finance well versed in finance technology strategy and implementation to help CFOs and senior finance leaders effectively design how best to organize various finance systems to support their business and process needs.
What you’ll do
- Research and represent thought leadership and advise senior Finance leaders on best practices in finance technology space
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of experience overseeing and working as a Finance transformation workstream lead and/or lead technology analyst
- Subject matter expertise in finance technology and transformation, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of how to help Finance leaders develop technology strategies and implement technology solutions to meet their specific business needs
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Who you are
- To thrive in this role, it helps if you are obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees.
- Excellent collaborator with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust
- Confident presenter with a high level of executive presence (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus)
- Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations
- Willing to challenge conventional norms and views
Job Requisition ID:48210
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.