Business Development Director- Financial Services, NYC
The Account Executive is a solution-oriented field sales role where you’ll have a seat at the table advising and helping clients identify and solve their most important challanges. We’re looking for someone with a will-to-win attitude ready to push the possibilities of the role by building relationships and becoming a trusted advisor to clients. Gartner is a sales-driven organization with a high-performance coaching culture and state-of-the-art workforce where the success of our account executives fuels the entire growth of Gartner.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Mid-to-senior
- Travel: Occasional
- Executive Communication
- Quick Learner
“My favorite part about working at Gartner is the growth that I’ve experienced personally and professionally. From Day 1, I’ve been coached and developed to improve. I’ve become a better sales professional, husband and dad.”
“My smooth transition into Gartner was attributed to a solid foundation built in training. The investment Gartner makes in new hires/ colleagues is tremendous. This type of role is attractive because you’re empowered and enabled for success.”
Senior Account Executive
“Gartner takes the time with new hires to share what it takes to be successful, and then gives you the means to enable your clients to succeed at the same time. Once you have the recipe for success, it’s up to you to take the advice and run.”
Senior Account Executive
Generous compensation with base salary and uncapped commission
Exceptional benefits, including excellent health plans designed to meet the needs of our global, diverse workforce
Paid time off
Generous time off policies encourage work-life balance
Retirement savings plan
Variety of plans designed to help you invest in your future
Meaningful wellness programs to help you take control of your health
Business Development Directors are solution-oriented individuals who help clients with their most important critical challenges. The BDD is a field sales position, responsible for growth through contract expansion and the introduction of new IT Leadership (ITL) products and services to the population. The territory for this role includes specific major client accounts in the Financial Services sector. Gartner is a sales-driven organization, and the success of our account executives is the fuel that grows the company. #GartnerSales
What you’ll do:
- Focus on selling ITL to new or underserved business units within an existing client or clients and transitioning closed business to an existing Gartner contact on the account (Account/Client Executive, Client Director, etc.) within 30 days of closing for continued Gartner service.
- Work closely with Client Director, Managing Partner, and service delivery associates to understand account strategy, identify growth targets, and develop business.
- Identify key decision makers and develop strategic relationships to drive revenue.
- Achieve and exceed quota.
- Timely and Accurate revenue forecasting.
- Comply in utilizing internal sales enablement tools and management processes.
- Utilize account planning and time management tools to drive an increase of research revenue to an assigned quota.
- Follow determined BDD best practices developed through collaboration with peers or delivered by SLD team.
What you need:
- 7+ years of experience with validated consultative sales, preferably in (services, software or hardware), with evidence of prior success
- Proficiency in account planning and an understanding of territory management
- The ability to prospect within very large, global organizations
- Demonstrated intellect, drive, executive presence and sales acumen
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships through offering beneficial, insightful and strategic insights into their businesses
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process, from prospecting to close
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and strong ability to transition prospects to clients.
- Proven experience in closing complex sales solutions, by structuring innovation, integrated solutions that provide IT decision makers value and support in achieving their business goals.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others in the organization with no direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition of Research at the decision-maker level
- Ability to uncover and prioritize prospective client’s KI’s to drive a shortened sales cycle.
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centers.
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong evidence of success
- Master’s or advanced degree a plus
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry a plus
Job Requisition ID:40279
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.