Event Director - Large Scale Event Operations
Title - Event Director - Large Scale Event Operations
Role Purpose - Lead the overall strategy, operations and client delivery of Symposium/ITxpo and Leadership Forum events within the CIO Portfolio.
Primary Responsibilities -
- Leadership of Symposium/ITxpo and L programs to ensure flawless delivery.
- Lead and manage global initiatives to enhance Symposium/ITxpo and Leadership Forums to achieve priorities.
- Drive strategy to increase CIO attendance at Symposium/ITxpo and Leadership Forums. Develop detailed action plans to achieve growth. Be able to clearly understand and translate the needs of the CIO audience to create on site experiences and programs.
- Lead extended team across multiple Event Production departments to create event environment which provides urban needs for CIO audience to learn, network and navigate the event effectively pre event and on site.
- Lead, communicate, and collaborate across all Gartner business units both within events as well as within the company. Lead and support initiatives that help drive growth within research, consulting and EXP.
- Lead, communicate, and collaborate across all external partners inspiring confidence and translating our strategy to ensure seamless delivery of event.
- Supplier management: Management and selection of the best partners to support our strategy. This includes regular review and negotiation of contracts.
- Financial: Overall responsibility for budgets including preparation, negotiations, accurate and timely monthly forecasts, alert management about risks and deviations to plan, and make recommendations for corrective action
- Actively participate and lead process of reviewing and enhancing event features and programs by analyzing client feedback.Lead discussions with clients and prospects in order to make recommendations for future program changes.
- Effective project management including ownership and adherence of timelines and templates and accurately track and evaluate results on overall project goals.
Expected Results -
- Flawless client experience with high client satisfaction scores and strong client retention
- Flawless execution
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Achievement of financial objectives and tight budget management
- Engagement and effective management of suppliers
- Exceptional operational efficiency
- Strong, motivated, fulfilled and happy team
Key Contacts -
- Event Production, Sales and Marketing, Research, Sales, Executive Programs, Consulting, Finance, Global counterparts
- Third party vendors, venues & hotels
Professional Experience -
- 10 yrs of event management experience
- Experience of large, complex commercial events with conference program and exhibition delivery
- P&L Management
- Proven complex budget management abilities
- Management of indirect project team
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered environment with multiple stakeholders
Key Competencies -
- Client focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong Executive presence
- Strong Financial Management Skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially Excel
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Strategic Thinker - Self motivated Collaborative
- Curious and Inquisitive
- High sense of urgency
- Creative & Innovative
- Solution oriented / collaborative
- Confident decision maker
Job Requisition ID:G21706
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.