Who we are
Are you looking for a dynamic career with excellent advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, consider Gartner, the world's leading research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day.
What we do
Gartner partners with C-suite executives across all industries to provide market research and best practices and advisory services, enabling them to address their business-critical decisions through data-driven research. Gartner has experienced almost a decade worth of double-digit growth, which demonstrates how Gartner has succeeded in helping businesses navigate their mission-critical priorities.
What you’ll do
Advisors bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world leading clients. It's the job of an Advisor to increase client engagement and ensure each client is fully leveraging Gartner's resources. They do that by asking insightful questions to diagnose the root causes of client challenges and advise on the best course of action. They might also suggest a different course of action the client hadn't considered or talk them through a best practice from a different industry that could work within their business. They are responsible for interfacing almost continuously with C-level and other senior executives to foster deep, broad relationships. In addition to applying and packaging our resources to meet their challenges, they sense patterns among client needs to drive the research agenda and event calendar.
We are currently seeking a qualified Director-level professional to join our CIO Research & Advisory Practice and work specifically with Chief Information Officers (CIOs) and other Senior IT leaders. The key topics you will advise clients on are Digital Transformation, Strategy/Operating Models/Governance, People/Leadership/Culture, Technology Innovation, IT Finance/Budgeting, and CIO Role Evolution.
- Applies expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help resolve high-value business problems for clients (CIOs and IT Leaders)
- Actively shapes the direction of ongoing research and product creation projects; participates in and provides feedback during checkpoint meetings and other stages of the strategic research process
- Supports Sales and Service Delivery partners to drive account growth and retention
- Leads sessions at Gartner’s multi-client events, creating scripts and discussion plans for events
- Strong interest in technology industry and willingness to learn
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree and outstanding record of academic achievement and graduate degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in advising and presenting to very senior business executives in multi-client and one-on-one setting and experience working with CIOs and IT Leaders preferred
- Superior communication skills and a high level of executive presence and self-awareness
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed environment
- Executive "presence" and gravitas; exceptional ability to immediately establish one's credibility and build empathy with senior executives
- Strong commercial outlook and client service work ethic
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40%
- Native level of Japanese and Fluent level of English language
Who you are
- Passion for customer service
- Collaborating with others to overcome challenges
- Exceptional learning agility and ability to distil insights from various data and information sources
- Organizing your time and planning
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and good time planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- Outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential
- Professional development and learning opportunities
- Exceptional compensation and benefits
- Modern office environment in a central location for easy commute
Job Requisition ID:42176
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.