Director, IT Strategy Consulting
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you? A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to a whole new level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you will lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. Our consultants are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of the changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner is the place for you.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountability
- Proactively contributes to the continuous improvement and innovation of Gartner Consulting Practices.
- Works closely with Global Practice leads and regularly briefs Local Practice and Industry teams on practice offerings in terms of KIs covered and solutions approach
- Builds practice communities in Japan and works with peers to develop globally.
- Supports a culture of bottoms up knowledge management across regional remit; ensures all knowledge and data obtained through client work is captured in KM systems
- Ensures Japan Consulting is contributing to the development, deployment and maintenance of distinctive knowledge and expertise to solve client issues.
- Adapts global IP for the Japan markets and collaborates with research analysts to extend existing Gartner IP; ensures Consulting solutions are direct extensions of Gartner Research
- Represents Gartner Consulting at relevant Gartner Events and meetings
- Drives high customer satisfaction through exceptional quality delivery and trust-based value-added relationship-building, leading to positive account growth.
- Drives local adaptation of global consulting offerings and solutions for client specific needs in Japan; focuses on developing globally consistent and repeatable solutions
- Collaborates with ILs/MPs to identify client MCPs and to align Practice capabilities and solutions as appropriate; Support development of consistent proposals, scoping and pricing
- Jointly responsible with local practice leaders for quality of all practice related deliverables.
- Supports the coaching and educating all ILs and MPs, particularly new hires, on Gartner Consulting Practice offerings and value proposition. The measure for this will be full participation in MP selling activities for integrated solutions and stand-alone opportunities.
- Builds Practice community locally and coordinate with global peers to contribute to global community
- Leads, develops, and mentors practice associates to build a scaled capability to deliver high quality work to clients
- Works with regional practice leads to ensure Gartner Consulting hires and/or trains the practice associates to meet delivery demand
- Manages the ongoing performance of practice associates in a timely manner and addressing under performers without delay, in a respectful manner.
- Exemplify, and contribute to, the success of Gartner Teams and associates, through accountability, leadership, collaboration, support, coaching, sourcing and attracting talent, and a no-limits mindset.
- Proactively contributes to Demand Generation to drive bookings that achieve and exceed industry bookings targets.
- Partners with ILs and MPs to directly sell work to clients
- Works with Geo/Region Leads to ensure focus Practices at the MP level.
- Support the achievement of Gartner Consulting’s financial success by achieving personal financial targets and contributing to team targets.
- Owns Practice specific pricing and discounting; drives acceptable engagement gross margins at or above Gartner Consulting standards
- 10+ years of experience in Consulting
- 10+ years in solution development and innovationBilingual is Japanese and English is a key requirement
- Ability to craft and articulate clear and powerful communications that convey the vision and mission critical priorities for the Industry community into actionable results
- Strong gravitas and strategic thinking skills, prioritization, and problem solving ability
- Proven track record of successfully leading senior level Consulting associates
- Ability to gain and sustain executive relationships as a trusted business advisor
- Understanding of the client's business and industry
- Understands the business and economics of consulting
- Can drive Gartner Consulting value proposition
- Has presentation/written communications skills at an executive level
- Demonstrated ability to lead consulting practices, including strong knowledge of consulting business models and metrics
- Ability to travel regionally and globally as needed
- Bachelor's degree required, business, information technology or a related field advantageous
- Advanced degree preferred
- Native-level Japanese proficiency a must
- Business-level English a great plus (TOEIC 750 or above)
Job Requisition ID:28440
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.