We are seeking a highly dedicated and motivated individual to join the Gartner International Executive Forums in Sydney and become the next Research Specialist. The Research Specialist role provides a great opportunity to work with an international and dynamic team that delivers valuable insight to senior level clients in multinational organisations, whilst developing a dynamic career in a fast growing company.
The Research Specialist is an entry point for individuals interested in learning the art and science of strategic research-the foundation for any business advisory, strategic planning, or research-oriented career. Across their first 18 months, Research Specialists work with a variety of mentors and engage in a comprehensive training and development program that fosters essential skill acquisition and ensures exposure to a diverse range projects across a broad array of topics. Specifically, Research Specialists will conduct primary and secondary research; benchmarking and norming surveys; curating and versioning Gartner content for client relevance and online consumption; and proprietary research exercises focused on generating strategic insights. The Research Specialist role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
- Coordinate and participate in interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts in search of best practices; building strong research relationships with key members
- Conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches and synthesize information from to elicit key insights for use member meetings and program design, in short white papers, member teleconferences, and larger best practice research studies
- Derive relevant thematic content from member events and create insights relevant to the broader membership and as an asset to promote the Forums to prospective members
- Use analytical tools such as root cause analysis to identify the drivers of members' business problems, create hypotheses regarding solutions, and test differences between conventional and progressive practice
- Contribute to analytical research, including survey design, execution and interpretation
- Respond to inbound research inquiries by individual member organizations whose needs for data and solutions are pressing
- Present research findings via both written and verbal delivery to senior managers and members
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings
- Ability to locate and procure information from original sources and senior executives
- Proficiency in distilling large amounts of information into relevant insight
- Ability to analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- Excellent oral communication skills, and exceptional writing and graphics skills
- Ability to develop strong research relationships with members and content experts
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Skilled at working both independently and in a team environment; seeks to help others excel
- Exceptional record of achievement in academics
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- To be completed by HR/Recruiting
The role is within Gartner’s International Executive Forums business which has over 550 CEOs, CFOs and HR Directors of foreign-owned multinational companies. The business provides a program and network to support the Members, and is dedicated to connecting, informing and enabling them to build more successful local operations. The business unit is globally based in Sydney, with an office in Melbourne and Singapore. The role will report to the Practice Leader of the Forums in Sydney.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries, with APAC headquarters in North Sydney, New South Wales, and our office in Sydney CBD.
Job Requisition ID:35666
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.