Sales Graduate Program - Business Development/Account Management Associate
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
We are currently seeking Account Management Associates (AMX) and Business Development Associates (BDX) to work in our vibrant Sydney office. Gartner's graduate associates are essential contributors to the performance of our sales function, and supports one or several Account Managers or Business Development Managers. Meetings and calls with new or existing clients are the primary catalysts for new business acquisition or up-selling, and the AMX/BDX has a key role in scheduling these. As well as providing logistical/administrative support, the AMX/BDX also adds immense value to the sales cycle by diagnosing the needs and ‘pinch-points’ of prospective clients. In turn, the AMX/BDX feeds these back into the sales cycle in order that we engage in the most appropriate and impactful manner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Client/Prospect Facing Commercial Activities
- Outbound calling responsibilities to Australia’s Senior Most Executives to schedule live or phone based business meetings on behalf of an Account Manager or Business Development Manager
- Successfully diagnose the executive’s key business needs where possible, to ensure a high quality of interaction with the Account Manager or Business Development Manager
- Seek to engage with secondary points of contact in client organisations to help drive consensus based decision making
- Where appropriate recruit prospective clients to Gartner service events (conferences and teleconference)
- Support the Account Manager in all aspects of the sales cycle, including FUPA (Follow – Up – Phone – Appointments) scheduling, recruiting prospective clients to meetings and engagement in other follow‐up activities
Non Client – Facing Commercial Activities
- Support the sales process by managing the administrative elements
- Create preparation packets for Account Manager’s to meet with / speak to prospective clients
- Review and update client information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate
- Sales territory management and prioritisation
- Outbound marketing to engage prospective members, e.g. email campaigns, mailing and invitations
A successful candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate degree qualified (any discipline)
- Goal and action orientated with ability and desire to work towards revenue targets within a team environment
- High level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers etc.
- Solid organisation, multi‐tasking and prioritisation skills, including an acute attention to detail
- Forward thinking and solutions orientated approach at all times
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior – level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be an advantage
Job Requisition ID:48346
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.