What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves thousands of business and technology leaders at global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited career development opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
The job of the Content Manager is to design and deliver compelling content tailored to each executive community we serve. This position develops event agendas across a portfolio of C-level events. The Sr. Conference Producer acts as insights guide and trusted advisor for our international communities of CIOs, CISOs, CDOs and CHROs. They conduct research and phone interviews with their access to top decision makers of the world’s largest organizations to identify future-looking topics and secure compelling, market-leading speakers. They design creative and interactive session formats, and analyze attendee feedback across events to measure success.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with program management team to create compelling event agendas and curate memorable attendee experiences
- Schedule and lead calls with C-level executives and speakers, developing trusted relationships with community influencers
- Creatively write speaker profiles, presentation abstracts, invitations, stage scripts and prepare a variety of digital and print marketing materials in adherence with AP and Gartner style guides
- Conduct efficient and independent research on future-leaning topics that impact C-level executives from the world’s largest organizations
- Negotiate, draft and manage speaker agreements with authors, thought leaders and industry experts
- Support conference sales teams in selling customized, high-level thought leadership from leading vendors, and provide customer service to existing sponsors to align their offerings with executive-requested topics
- Collaborate with marketing, operations and other business units to ensure alignment with event strategy and delivery
- Evaluate content quality of events to achieve continual improvement
- Manage content projects, create and deliver departmental training, and provide support to content colleagues as needed
- Approximately 4-6 annual instances of travel to events is required
- We are looking for an experienced candidate with relevant work experience
- Previous events industry experience is highly preferred
- Enthusiasm, confidence, a strong professional work ethic and strong business acumen
- Ability to establish and build relationships with high-profile business executives
- Superior organizational and project management skills, along with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and synthesize information quickly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to learn new subject matter quickly and high intellectual curiosity
- Effective interviewing skills
- Professional business and/or technical writing experience
- Proven track record managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Preference working in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, journalism, English or related field is required
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.