What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Want to help influence the world’s best companies? Join Gartner as an Account Executive, and help drive sales growth while managing a client portfolio that is unrivaled among other advisory and consulting companies.
The Account Executive is the focal point for all customer interaction within our Mid-Sized Enterprise sales and renewal cycle. This individual acts as a business-practice expert to their assigned member organisations and monitors his or her accounts’ development and growth—from initial sale to year-on-year renewal—always staying aware of cross-sell opportunities.
How You Will Makean Impact as an Account Executive
- Oversee all commercial activities within a practice, for a pool of 20–50 companies.
- Teach clients and prospects the benefits of our products and services, detailing our business model and value proposition.
- Create new business leads, and generate cross-selling opportunities through existing member relationships.
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in sales cycle—including trial meetings, teleconferences, and guest website access.
- Use existing relationships to contact new business leads and generate cross-selling opportunities.
- Across an annual cycle, invest in the activities that help your pool of companies significantly grow revenue.
- Pursue, negotiate, and close cross-sell opportunities, leading senior executives into active membership status though a consultative sales approach.
- Master the research terrain for the membership, and monitor industry trends as necessary.
- Customise account plans, outlining service delivery and revenue growth strategies
- Build relationships with prospects and existing clients by demonstrating in-depth institutional knowledge, understanding their specific business needs, and presenting an appropriate mix of our products and research solutions through personal visits and phone calls.
- Work with product partners to ensure targeted and substantive resolution of diagnosed client needs.
We Want a Manager with These Qualifications
- 3+ years of successful sales/account management experience, including holding commercial negotiations within a blue-chip client base and managing at least 50 accounts/opportunities
- Proven ability to handle revenue responsibility and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
- Skills in managing multiple commercial processes (new business sales and renewals), forecasting precisely, and identifying challenges to a positive commercial outcome
- Strong ethic for fulfilling service requests and keen interest in building relationships with executives
- Ability to use internal influence to ensure that Gartner’s full capabilities are brought to bear in serving our clientsSuperior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Solid understanding of business concepts for large national and international corporations, as well as our product portfolio
Job Requisition ID:34990
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.