Workforce Planning Leader
About the Workforce Planning Leadership role:
The Workforce Planning leader will be responsible for the global coordination and optimization of capital planning, budget development and controls for Real Estate Capital Projects at Gartner, reporting to the MVP, Recruiting Programs and Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain a company-wide global workforce location strategy to drive sustainable and synergistic business growth across all business units. Specific tasks include:
- Track and forecast growth across all current locations in coordination with Real Estate, Finance and HR
- Identify geography-based business growth opportunities with sales and territory planning
- Identify talent opportunities and pain points using demographic trends and with recruiting input
- Maintain a 5-year view of potential global growth scenarios using trends and other analytical tools
- Lead specific location-based initiatives to select and stand-up new or growth locations consistent with the strategy. Specific tasks include:
- Develop analyses for new Centers of Excellence or other growth locations at a macro regional level through specific site selection
- Coordinate with Tax, Legal and Communications as well as external vendors to maximize financial incentives
- Program manage the set-up of new locations across multiple internal and external stakeholders through the transition to business-as-usual operations
- Regularly participating in discussion to brief C-level executives including (but not limited to) the CEO, CFO, CHRO, and CTO. Reinforce decisions with follow-up briefings and best practice change management approaches
- Develop and provide periodic (quarterly and monthly) reporting around workforce metrics by business and location to the leadership team, business operating committee level leaders, as well as to enable infrastructure-focused teams in RE, HR and IT
- Collaborate with Corp Business Development through pre-deal due diligence and post-deal execution of business acquisitions and dispositions focusing on all location-related matters
- Collaborate closely with the Procurement team to source and maintain approved vendors for all workforce planning related projects.
Impact you’ll make:
- Enable Gartner growth by proactively directing it to locations that maximize talent availability and business effectiveness while establishing an accretive long-term total cost basis
- Coordinated locations that add company-wide value by capturing synergies and collaborative opportunities across different business units
- Greater effectiveness of enabling infrastructure functions through improved forecasting and reporting
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree minimum. MA/MS/MBA degree preferred
- 10 years of relevant experience in HR, Real Estate, Business / Location Strategy, M&A with end-user organizations or consultancy, preferably both. International project experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational, communication and leadership skills at all levels
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with senior leadership to drive decisions
- Global business location experience and knowledge. Travel and cross time-zone work hours expected
- Proficiency in managing through influence and driving decisions across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to provide direction to and coordinate with global project team members, anticipate and manage risks, set appropriate expectations and consistently deliver strong results
- Ability to establish trusted partnering relationships and manage expectations within a very collaborative internal team culture, with key stakeholders and wide range of external consultants and vendors
What we offer:
- A seat to the table to help drive peak performance in a growing, people business.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Job Requisition ID:44185
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.