Wide Area Networking Services and Management, Analyst (remote)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Network services are more important than ever in a everything everywhere world. If you have knowledge and experience in Wide Area Network (WAN) and procuring network services, Gartner needs you to help our clients meet their networking challenges.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role provides provocative and pragmatic networking research and advice to our Infrastructure and Operations clients through published research, conversations with client (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. Gartner Analysts have a vision for how networking services can help clients achieve their goals for distributed systems worldwide and at a regional level.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents
- Predict how network services and equipment markets are developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within WAN networking as well as applicable adjacent areas
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- 10+ years of experience working within IT Infrastructure and Operations
- 3+ years of experience with networking product, services, sourcing and deployment
- Subject matter expertise selecting and procuring network products and services, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities in that market
- Evaluating and implementing networking service vendors like: Orange Business Services, NTT, AT&T, Verizon, Tata Communications Vodaphone, and their competitors
- Working knowledge of networking product vendors like Cisco, HTP, Juniper VMware and Fortinet
- Evaluating and implementing a networking strategy
- Additional experience that would be a plus
- SD-WAN networks
- WAN Edge solutions and vendors
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and speaking experience an advantage
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
#LI-remoteJob Requisition ID:53073
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.