VP, Software Engineering - Peer Insights Product Platform
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded, hands-on technology leader to develop Gartner’s Ratings and Review platform. The platform is the world’s leading Enterprise Software Ratings and Review platform (www.gartner.com/reviews). The candidate will be responsible for leading a global team of Java and Front End developers, development managers to architect, develop and maintain the platform. The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked closely with product development, has experience in a growth startup and has played a key role in ground up development of consumer grade web platforms. Candidate should have demonstrable experience innovating with technology to meet business needs.
Candidate will have an opportunity to be a central player in developing the ratings/review product platform using web, mobile, social, search, web services, in memory databases and dedicated middleware caching technologies. Candidate will be the technology lead for an in-house startup within Gartner.
- 5 to 8 years of experience as a Development Manager leading a team of Java or full stack Developers
- Should have significant experience working directly with Product Development in problem solving
- Experience and temperament to mentor Java and Front End developers technically and professionally
- Must have significant experience in Agile/Scrum
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and group presentations)
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization
- Strong Project Management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to pick up Gartner domain knowledge quickly
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience building Java based external facing web applications
- Strong knowledge and implementation experience in Java/SpringBoot/ReactJS/Hibernate/ElasticSearch/Redis
- AWS architecture background for consumer grade applications
- Strong knowledge and experience in configuration management tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, etc.). Experience in Continuous Integration and Test Automation and Test Driven Development
- Strong Database Design/Development skills from an application development standpoint (Stored Procedure skills not necessary). Strong SQL skills a pre-requisite.
- Must have strong Web UI knowledge and best practice skills. Candidate will be doing extensive UI feature brainstorming with the business users.
- Experience developing responsive design required
- Knowledge and experience in building high performance web sites taking into account a global client base
- Demonstrable experience innovating with technology
- Experience in developing web services
- Experience in driving technical standards and architectural vision
- Good knowledge of web security and best practices of secure web development
- Experience integrating with internal Search engines desirable
- Should be able to balance operational and development needs of Gartner’s Crowdsourcing platform.
- Should be able to interact well with both internal associates and external clients in resolving operational issues.
- Identify systemic operational issues and resolve them
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:35930
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.