VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
About this role:
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded VP, Financial Planning & Analysis who can provide key leadership support for critical financial and budget related projects within our world-wide conference business unit. The candidate will be responsible for supporting Executive and Operation Committee members with respect to budget forecasting, financial management, reporting, analysis, business strategy and mission critical priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with senior leaders in the business on executing key priorities
- Lead and manage Finance team to effectively support BU executive management and extended leadership teams
- Lead one or more business unit's budgeting and forecasting processes; establish targets, create work plans, manage key deliverables, and coordinate with key stakeholders including the BU executive team
- Own all aspects of financial reporting for business unit(s); including the design, creation and management of the monthly report package, monthly corporate reporting, sales reporting, quarterly earnings, board of directors and other ad hoc requirements
- Provide insights to key performance drivers and participate in incremental investment decisions
- Actively manage the P&L in partnership with the BU executive team
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting
- Analyze financial performance and key performance drivers
- Create and maintain financial models to improve the predictability of results
- Evolve forward looking metrics and forecasts to more accurately predict future financial performance
- Establish effective partnerships with business unit leaders and finance peers
- Provide ad hoc analysis and financial support in addition to recurring accountabilities.
- Provide leadership to the Finance team to maintain standards and increase value delivered.
- Provide insights to the financial performance of the business to various company leadership
What you’ll need:
- BS in Finance or Accounting & MBA; CPA desired
- 10+ years of experience in public and or private industry accounting with emphasis on financial reporting (internal and external)
- Ability to interact with senior level management
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong management and supervisory skills with the ability to mentor and roll up sleeves
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, planning, communication and processing skills
- Spreadsheet expertise; Oracle & Hyperion proficiency a must; Access database a desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, i.e., Excel and Word
- Strong knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Experience operating in a global environment (multi-national, multi-cultural, FX).
- Capacity to perform detailed analysis while understanding the big picture implication(s)
- Flexibility for some travel
Who you are:
- Well rounded, operationally sound Finance leader
- Able to interact well with internal associates at all levels and across multiple lines of business
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:31636
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.