VP, Executive Partner - Human Resources
When you join Gartner for HR Leaders, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Executive HR Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are CPOs or SVPs of HR from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies.
Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Executive HR Partner’s (EHRP) role is to engage each member-client, and to help him/her identify key initiatives and to achieve specific enterprise goals.
Partnering with the member can include activities such as: defining, developing, coaching and/or critiquing strategies; helping develop and/or transform their organizations; assisting/advising with the development and execution of vision & strategy; aggregating and delivering Gartner research insights on key initiatives, priorities, and implementations; and in general, becoming a consigliore for the SVP, EVP or CHRO. With the support of their EHRP, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
What you’ll do:
The EHRP manages 20 - 25 senior executive member relationships, and participates in account planning with Team Client Managers and Account Executives. These three individuals collectively and individually have responsibility for each assigned account.
The EHRP participates in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
The EHRP performs onsite workshops to the client member. EP leads CHRO activities at the annual Gartner Human Resource Executive Conference and leads CHRO/SVP, HR breakout sessions during (2) annual HR Forums.
Success is defined by:
- Executing a smooth hand-off from the sales team
- Regularly engaging the member in a substantive manner
- Creating a complete member profile
- Partnering with Sales, Research and Service to delight the client
- Accurately identifying the member’s Mission Critical Priorities
- Developing an engagement (value) plan
- Participating (with Sales and TCMs) in quarterly account reviews
- Preparing value-added on-site engagements and member meetings
Sales and Marketing Support:
The EHRP is responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner HR in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities
The EHRP is responsible for hosting and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research)
The EHRP supports research activities, such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels. The EHRP will be aligned with and leverage Gartner research positions and initiatives as well as provide feedback from the member base to the research organization. The EHRP works with research analysts to develop and deliver CHRO/SVP HR relevant research.
Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall Gartner Sales strategy and Gartner HR product deliverables.
Work with members across industries to further their levels of HR maturity through delivery of research, peer networking, and coaching.
Critique client strategies, guide clients in building their organizations, and assist in developing HR strategies, establishing priorities, and planning for implementation around key HR initiatives.
Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.)
Direct and facilitate member peer group calls and/or meetings
Content Development and Management:
Participate in presentations, panels and workshops
Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share member experiences with analysts
Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the Sales community portal and assisted member connections
Lead and participate in local events and roundtables
What you’ll need:
Subject Matter Expertise
The EHRP must be a senior business executive and have demonstrated topic knowledge in developing and delivering overall Human Resource strategy, execution and performance improvement. The EHRP will be an accomplished current or former SVP, EVP of Human Resources or CHRO, with a broad base of expertise that has operated at a senior leadership level and driven change at all levels.
The EHRP is responsible to retain clients in accordance with established Gartner Retention Metrics. In addition, to work closely with Sales to vet and close “new’ CHRO business.
• A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a SVP, EVP or CHRO or in a senior management role in a Human Resource Executive level capacity; or 5+ years in the capacity with 5+ years in another HR Executive role
• An in-depth understanding of the Human Resource Function and the role of the CPO (including leadership, operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
• In depth understanding of the business value of HR and the alignment of Business and HR strategies.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess member situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business advice, and the ability to leverage
• Appropriate (Gartner and other) resources to help clients achieve business results
• Ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
• Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills; with a healthy dose of humility and experience working with C level executives. This individual should have strong reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust to client cues and needs
• Superior verbal and written communication skills and strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Sales savvy
• Collaboration and team leadership
• Sales and / or business development experience or ability with CXO level executives
• Strong time/project management skills
• Initial Travel restricted to US and Canada; 50 - 60% travel
Job Requisition ID:G16176
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.