VP, Conferences Product Development
Vice President, Conferences Product Development
As the fastest-growing business unit in Gartner, our Conferences team serves more than 70,000 business and technology leaders from around the globe through 60+ conferences each year. With annual revenue in excess of $340 million, we consistently achieve double-digit growth rates — and we’re actively investing in our Conferences organization to achieve even higher growth in 2019 and beyond. And with the recent acquisition of CEB and Evanta, we now have a platform to accelerate growth into new business functions including HR, Marketing, Sales, and more.
About the role:
The Vice President, Product Development will be responsible for leading product development and pricing for Gartner Conferences, including identifying needs and opportunities for new products, leading or participating in piloting and bringing them to market, acting as the product owner for the digital conference experience (app), and exhibitor product pricing.
- Work with Production, Exhibitor Sales, Customer Insights, and other stakeholders to develop new products, services and offerings to grow attendance, exhibitor revenue and increase demand for our conferences
- Identify unmet attendee and exhibitor needs and develop ways to profitably meet those needs based on a deep understanding of client needs and competitive dynamics, including products that
- Make it easier for attendees to identify and meet relevant exhibitors
- Increase the value of the interactions between attendees and exhibitors
- Increase traffic to exhibitor show floors, speaking sessions and hosted activities
- Help exhibitors measure their ROI
- Collaborate across the organization to design pilots for testing and refining the product ideas, and implement successful ones across appropriate conferences
- Evaluate current products, services and offerings, and identify opportunities to improve and strengthen their value. Where possible, reduce, replace or eliminate low value/low margin products and features
- Continually assess and evaluate successful non-Gartner conferences to identify features and benefits which could strengthen our value proposition
- Be the product owner for Gartner Conferences’ digital app and other aspects of the attendee digital experience before, at, and after a conference
- Collaborate with IT, Production, Customer Insights, and other stakeholders to identify new features and improvement opportunities, define requirements, and manage tradeoffs and dependencies
- Ensure the development process is imbued with customer insights and follows established lean design principles
- Lead the pricing process for exhibitor products, in collaboration with Exhibitor Sales and Production
- Identify opportunities to optimize prices and improve the overall process
- Develop new ways to package, price, and sell add-on products to booth packages
- Track impact of pricing changes and make adjustments to approach as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: You have 8-10+ years of progressive business experience with product management/ product development at a design agency / lab / consultancy or in-house product development group, including expertise across physical and digital products.
- Customer focus: You have a proven track record of understanding the world from a customer’s perspective, translating the customer view into business requirements considering current and potential future capabilities, and leading complex cross-functional initiatives to deliver.
- Exceptional problem-solving capability: You are adept at solving complex problems using data and business judgment, thinking creatively, and telling a story to influence senior stakeholders
- Passion: You are intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities where you can drive the most impact for the business
- Drive / self-sufficiency: You have a demonstrated ability to own a problem and aggressively drive from problem statement to solution in a self-sufficient capacity; you operate with a sense of urgency and can excel in an execution-focused matrixed environment
- Communication skills: You’re an excellent and structured verbal and written communicator with effective presentation and platform skills
- Executive presence: You have the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior executives – this role offers high visibility and access to senior Gartner leadership
- Strong core values: You demonstrate integrity, collaboration, a no-limits mindset, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- Leadership experience: You’ve led successful initiatives and teams, engaging key stakeholders across business functions and all the way up the organizational ladder
- Influence: You demonstrate a high level of collaboration and strong influencing skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree and MBA (or advanced degree) required
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Job Requisition ID:36584
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.