What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
The Technical Support Specialist provides second level support to identify and solve technical issues escalated by the Help Desk to meet Gartner standards and SLA's for all Gartner Associates (in local and regional Gartner offices or working remotely).The Technical Support Specialist will also provide technical expertise on projects, site visits and Gartner Events support.
- Escalated (level 2) technical support: Provides technical hardware troubleshooting & diagnosis, software troubleshooting/installation, and information gathering to provide business solutions to keep Gartner Associates and infrastructure operational 24x7.
- Remote office visits (when required): Evaluates and provides onsite support in remote office locations including resolving technical issues and building rapport with associates.
- Asset Management: Accurately manages all asset life cycles to allow for the most efficient deployment of assets throughout the company.
- Events & Symposiums: To ensure Gartner delivers world class events to our clients, liaise with ITIO Event Manager and Events staff to provide technology services and support to associates and clients including making on the spot decisions requiring discretion and judgment which impact Gartner’s client satisfaction.
- Projects: Work on additional project work when required.
- Active Management of Service Request, Incident, and Activities:Responsible for ensuring all associate interactions are accurately documented, assigned, and communicated in order to determine and resolve issues, escalate if necessary, and provide solutions for future problem resolution and process improvement.
- Participate in development, implementation, and improvement of support policies, process and best practices
- Participate in proactively supporting associates e.g. Support Lounge, training, tech orientations etc.
- Successful delivery of IT services within defined SLA’s to associates in support of the operation of Gartner’s business.
- Service levels are adhered to and department goals are followed.
- Accurate technical documentation, policies, and processes are updated
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- 2+ years client service experience.
- 2-4 years experience in an entry level technical support role.
- Understands networking concepts; servers; LANs/WANs.
- Experience using help desk call logging system.
- Experience with standard Microsoft products and platforms.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good communicator, able to deal independently with staff throughout the organization (verbal and written).
- Excellent customer service skills
- A+ Certification
- Mac support experience
Job Requisition ID:36920
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.