Sr. UX Researcher
Gartner is looking for a User Experience researcher to join our UX Research team. Candidates will assist with a variety of research methods to assess the usability of Gartner’s internal and external-facing sites, features and applications.
As part of the UX CoE, the ideal candidate will have user research expertise, with a passion for collecting customer feedback that informs design and business decisions.
Responsibilities (what you will do on an average day):
- Lead qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives that inform critical decisions for current and future Gartner features and applications.
- Collaborate closely with project teams to identify user research opportunities that inform business decisions and use best practices in user research to support the entire design/development cycle.
- Deliver persuasive and compelling findings to executive stakeholders.
- Assist UX researchers in designing, conducting, observing and analyzing the results of studies from a variety of research methods
Required Skills (skills you will use to meet responsibilities):
- A high degree of self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - in a written, verbal and in-person context
- Experience designing, conducting and analyzing user research studies for desktop and mobile using the following methodologies, including but not limited to:
- Usability studies (benchmark, comparative, iterative, prototype, remote)
- Heuristic Reviews
- Card sorting
- Concept testing
- Cognitive walkthroughs
- Field research
- Survey design
- Experience with Morae, Optimize and third-party unmoderated user testing platforms such as Validately, UserZoom, etc.
- Knowledge of digital analytics and SEO principles and methodologies helpful
Qualifications (the experience you bring to this role):
- 3-5 years of experience in user experience research and fundamental understanding UX design
- Undergraduate degree in liberal arts, journalism, cognitive sciences, psychology, anthropology or related field; Master’s degree preferred or related experience.
- Ability to synthesize assumptions and behavior research questions into actionable user scenarios and tasks
- Ability to analyze results objectively and synthesize results for stakeholders (designers, developers, business partners, senior executives)
- Awareness and practical understanding of traditional and new user research methodologies and recruitment strategies
- The ideal candidate is a stalwart user advocate and is passionate about gathering objective insights based on direct observation of what people do to create Gartner experiences that are intuitive or easy to learn
Job Requisition ID:33293
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.