Sr Tax Associate
Sr Tax Associate
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
About this role:
Work with Tax Director on all aspects of quarterly & annual global provision per ASC 740 and FIN 18 (includes calculation, analysis, tax related financial reporting, research of technical tax accounting questions, and key control documentation per Sarbanes Oxley). Compile cash tax & rate guidance, selected special projects
What you’ll do:
Assist Tax Director with executing the following:
Management and coordination of all aspects of consolidated provision. Work with fed, state & int’l teams to compile and analyze results. Maintain executive summary deliverables including CFO presentation. Coordinate with FP&A and transfer pricing team quarterly to rationalize full year pretax projections by region. Compile documentation for Sarbanes Oxley testing of consolidated process. Draft tax related financial disclosure. Consider financial reporting developments, changes in financial accounting standards, and changes in the business and/or tax laws. Research tax technical accounting questions as necessary. Identify items for discussion and draft disclosure committee talking points. Cash tax and rate guidance. Work with FP&A, TP, fed, state & int’l teams to compile. Prepare scenario analyses and develop guidance ranges on a quarterly basis. Continually assess YTD performance against guidance; raise potential risks. Develop annual tax department budget. Track YTD spend vs budget and report progress to GVP of tax. Ensure audit committee approval for all spend with external auditors.
Selected research/special projects (e.g.: maintain global equity comp summary, research US tax treatment on synthetic debt instruments, research and propose tax accounting policy for GILTI, etc.
What you’ll need:
- MST, CPA, or JD a plus
- BS in Accounting, Business, Finance minimum requirement
- 3-5 yrs. tax experience including global provision and financial reporting
- Public Accounting or mix of public and private is preferred
- Good communication skills - ability to identify & effectively communicate status and issues
- Sense of ownership – understand purpose of assigned tasks and evaluate progress towards goal as work is being executed
- Good project management skills -proactively execute against project plan and raise roadblocks early
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:26261
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.