Sr IT Program Manager
Ensures Agile/Scrum process is implemented effectively and provides coaching at the team level to maximize its benefits
- Exhibits desire to continuously learn new tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Runs projects using the Agile Scrum methodologies, with a large distributed team
- Effectively communicates with cross functional teams
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interacts seamlessly with both business and project teams
- Facilitate discussions that lead to the resolution of project issues and development impediments
- Reports project progress to management and executive level stakeholders
- Communicates the release plan with key stakeholders and end users
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of Agile Software Development Methodology and incremental delivery
- Proactively helps the product owner manage the backlog
- Exhibits a desire to continuously improve, and shows a track record of improvement
- Collaborates well with both IT associates and business partners in resolving operational issues.
- Develops processes to manage operational issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identifies systemic operational issues, resolves them as well as identifying root causes and process improvements to present similar issues
Experience with managing complex web applications from a functional program management standpoint
-4 year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 10+ years of experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of project tracking software like Jira
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrix’d organization
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Strong knowledge of product development
- Prior people management experience is preferred
- Prior Application Development experience is preferred as well
-The ability to establish creditability quickly with Business Units as well as IT partners as a passionate change agent with exceptional managerial skills is necessary to succeed in this position. You must have a proven ability to establish a dynamic organization designed to meet the complex business requirements of the organization.
-Must be familiar with the systems scope and projects objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
-Understand the strategic direction of the business to ensure that new features and functions are implemented to conform to stated strategies and business needs.
-Able to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and all organizational boundaries
-Strong business acumen and leadership experience - proven track record of acting as a valued partner to senior leadership.
-Ability to influence and manage the expectations of clients, team members, management and external groups
Job Requisition ID:36582
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.