Sr Director, Software Engineering
Level: Sr Director – Product Software Development, Gartner Engagement Platforms
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded, hands-on technology leader to develop Gartner’s Primary Digital Engagement Platform i.e. Gartner.com, Gartner Mobile Apps, Garter Data Driven Products and other Engagement Products. The candidate will work in a Global team, and will Lead a Nationwide Team of Backend, Front-End & DevOps Engineers, Architects, and Development managers to maintain and drive all of our Platform Goals.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked closely with and on product development, has experience running and maintaining high visibility, transaction and availability platforms and has played a key role in mentoring, coaching & growing teams in an enterprise. Candidate should have demonstrable experience innovating with technology to meet and drive business needs.
Leadership & Management Skills:
- 5 to 8 years of experience as a Development Manager leading a team of Java & full stack Developers
- Should have significant experience working directly with Product Development in problem solving
- Experience and temperament to coach and mentor Backend and Front End developers technically and professionally.
- Must have significant experience in Agile/Scrum
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and group presentations)
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization
- Strong Project Management skills
- Detail oriented with a proven track record of product delivery.
- Ability to adapt and learn up New Business domain knowledge quickly
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience building Java based external facing web applications
- Strong knowledge and implementation experience in Java/SpringBoot/ReactJS/Hibernate/ElasticSearch/Redis/RabbitMQ
- Strong Understanding of MicroServices.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with
strong experience in AWS architecture & services for consumer grade applications
Strong knowledge and experience in configuration management tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, etc.).
Experience in Continuous Integration and Test Automation and Test Driven Development
- Strong Database Design/Development skills from an application development standpoint (Stored Procedure skills not necessary). Strong SQL skills a pre-requisite with experience in Oracle.
- Must have strong Web UI knowledge and best practice skills. Candidate will be doing extensive UI feature brainstorming with the business users.
- Experience developing responsive design required
- Knowledge and experience in building high performance web sites taking into account a global client base
- Demonstrable experience innovating with technology
- Experience in developing web services
- Experience in leveraging OpenSource technologies and systems.
- Experience in driving technical standards and architectural vision
- Good knowledge of web security and best practices of secure web development
- Experience integrating with internal Search engines desirable
- Should be able to balance operational and development needs of Gartner’s Crowdsourcing platform.
- Should be able to interact well with both internal associates and external clients in resolving operational issues.
- Identify systemic operational issues and resolve them
Job Requisition ID:23034
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.