Sr. Director, Research, Marketing Data & Analytics - Flexible Location
Gartner is seeking an analyst to provide research and advice for marketing leaders in the areas of marketing and customer data.
You will advise marketers on:
- Managing data for marketing measurement and customer analytics
- Building customer profiles with first, second and third party data
- Segmentation and customer data modeling, such as propensity modeling, lifetime value modeling, lead scoring
- Establishing data pipelines and designing efficient data structures to integrate across disparate marketing data sources and systems
- Working with IT to determine the right solutions for data storage, transformation, and integration with other marketing systems.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in marketing data and technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading marketing data and analytics research for our Gartner for Marketing Leaders clients through published research, conversations with clients (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how customer analytics and data-driven marketing will evolve.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will work alongside other experts in your field, collaborating and contributing to one of Gartner’s fastest-growing products. You’ll help clients get more value from their marketing data, meeting with them: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how marketing data and analytics technology markets are developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise in data-driven marketing and personalization, specifically supporting the technical aspects of audience building and customer data modeling (including data management, data engineering, and data science) with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities within that market. Knowledge of the competitive vendor landscape, emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers is essential.
- Understanding of the business needs driving investments in marketing data, personalization and marketing technology and the challenges marketers face as they shift to more data-driven processes
- Knowledge of data collection, processing and storage requirements for marketing, including a strong understanding of real-time and streaming data (and supporting technologies)
- Knowledge of what distinguishes first-, second- and third-party data; customer data and profile management, customer data modeling; audience building and targeting
- Understanding of challenges marketers face working with customer data including integration, deduplication, privacy and consent, walled gardens (such as Google and Facebook)
- Experience with customer data projects for marketing:
- building customer profiles for marketing, creating a unified view of the customer
- data acquisition via tagging or partnership (working with PII and anonymous IDs, external data sources)
- data processing and integration (ETL, ELT, feature engineering; data plumbing for marketing dashboards and automated reporting
- data storage and architecture requirements(data lakes, data marts, data warehouses, marketing technologies that deal with customer data such as marketing clouds, DMPs, CDPs, personalization engines)
- analysis leveraging existing tool capabilities, advanced analytics platforms or open source (SAS, R, Python)
- Demonstrated superior critical thinking and analysis skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Writing (whitepapers and blogging) and speaking engagements an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a marketing role or technical role working closely with and supporting marketing
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job Requisition ID:36122
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.