Sr Director, Conferences Marketing - Audience Acquisition
Work with the VP of Marketing to build/evolve systems of marketing automation, attribution modelling and other areas of marketing best practice. It is important that he/she is a strong data-driven marketer, with expertise scoring leads, categorizing leads, serving the right message at the right time, moving people through the marketing funnel and assigning attribution for successful marketing channels.
The successful candidate is a change agent, who is a highly-innovative marketing leader who will transform the business through “best in class” marketing practices, talent development and inspiring leadership and collaboration. He/she must be a strategic and tactical metrics-driven marketing leader who has expertise in: multi-channel digital marketing, content, social and SEO, database marketing and customer acquisition, marketing automation, and experience working closely with all internal and external stakeholders at a senior level to drive results.
They must have the marketing expertise, drive and determination to lead significant campaign volume and revenue growth and make a mark on the business; someone who wants to put their stamp on its future. This is an opportunity filled with challenges, great rewards and benefits for the right executive.
- Drive significant volume and revenue growth for attendee marketing through highly effective and creative marketing initiatives utilizing all channels, platforms and marketing tools.
- Lead and develop a team of marketing managers. Build an agile, highly productive and engaged team, nurturing and developing talent through strong and actively engaged leadership within a culture focused on results, accountability, relevance, innovation and speed to market.
- Partner with Conference Attendee Sales (CAS) to drive attendee growth from marketing lead scoring.
- Develop high level partnerships with key internal stakeholders including program, database, corporate marketing, and digital marketing teams
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the company’s markets, products and services for optimal business success within the region;
- Employ customer focused techniques to underpin all strategies and activities
- Manage external vendor relationships where appropriate and seek and leverage outside best in class support to drive KPIs.
- Ensure budgets are met. Design cost effective campaigns that push the status quo and deliver increased ROI.
- Support VP of Regional Marketing, Americas, in creating winning culture and team and delivering on regional targets.
- Ideal candidate will thrive in a fast moving environment, desire accountability, be courageous, and drive results with a focus on impacting the market. They must be a true team player within marketing, within Conferences, and to key company partners.
- 9+ years of successful digital and multi-channel marketing leadership experience, with a background in consumer and/or business-to-business marketing.
- Proven track record of leading teams, exceeding KPIs and delivering consistent revenue and customer growth through an always-on marketing approach.
- Expert in digital marketing channels with a focus on content marketing, social, SEO, and creating an effective attribution model.
- Proven success implementing cutting-edge marketing practices with a customer-focused approach.
- Strong background in database marketing and marketing automation.
- Event marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with sales teams and leadership to develop integrated plans.
- Highly analytical, data-driven marketing expertise.
- Strong financial acumen and expertise creating marketing budgets and managing costs within budget.
- Superior written/oral communication skills and the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability/willingness to travel frequently
- BA/BS degree required; MBA is a plus
Job Requisition ID:38707
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.