Sr Director - CIO Advisory, Strategy and Innovation
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
- You believe that good technology needs to be balanced with good governance, planning and process.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
- Work with CIOs and IT Leaders to maximize the impact of IT on enterprise goals and objectives
- Define, evolve and share global practices as it relates to critical management disciplines such as: Digital Business Strategy and Strategic Planning, Business Model and Business Operating Model Evolution, Agile Enterprise, Digital Disruptions and Emerging Trends, Innovation, Innovation Management, Leadership and Governance.
- Assist CIOs with their career progression defining new and or complementary roles such as Chief Digital Office, Chief Strategy Officer and the like.
- Assist and advise CIOs in taking a business leadership role in the enterprise.
- Creating a path or vision of how IT can help develop new products, programs and services.
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to CIOs and other senior executives.
As a Sr. Director, Analyst the successful candidate will:
- Create provocative and pragmatic research analysis, positions and advice for Gartner CIO clients, according to Gartner’s methodologies and processes - to support their mission critical priorities.
- Collaboratively write and publish research notes at a regular cadence, using a blueprint of role, key initiatives and core topics, implications and recommendations
- Use trend analysis, fact-based research and role-based insight to craft advice for CIOs and their direct reports
- Provide insight to clients through phone inquiries and through face-to-face interactions.
- Deliver research insights and advice through clients’ interactions such as one-on-one meetings, briefings, conferences, and webinars.
To be successful, this person will:
- Adapt implications and actions by situation, industry and business area
- Extend personal experience to an array of clients, situations and industries
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
- Work with Gartner Executive Partners and Gartner Sales executives to attract, engage and retain CIOs as Gartner customers.
- Balance written research deliverables; telephone and email client contacts; and engagements, conferences, webinars and travel requests
- Proactively contribute to best practices, processes and research communities using a variety of social and collaboration tools & technologies
- 10-15 years as a CIO, Senior IT leader or Advisor to same with a record of delivering exceptional results; working collaboratively with CEO, CFO, CMO, Public Leadership
- Experience leading business transformation
- Multi-functional experience in private-sector enterprises
- Excellent skills in research, analysis, writing and collaboration
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive-level engagements in high-profile enterprises
Job Requisition ID:35642
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.